Sammons Preston Wooden Crutches Features
Ideal for Post-Surgery Patients:
The Sammons Preston Wooden Crutches help support the body and relieve weight and pressure off the leg for post-operation or surgery patients. Sammons Preston Crutches include firm arm cushions, hand grips, and crutch end tips for added stability.
These wooden crutches are latex-free, and the wingnuts allow for easy height and hand grip adjustments. Available in child (29" – 37), youth (37" - 43"), medium (43" - 51"), adult (49" - 61"), and extra tall (56" - 68").
High Weight Capacity:
The Sammons Preston Wooden Crutches can support up to 350lbs, making them suitable for most patients. With sturdy, reliable construction, these crutches are a great addition to any clinic.
How to use Sammons Preston Wooden Crutches Crutches?
- Start with tripod position: stand on your good leg with your crutches about 1 foot in front of you and 4-6” to the side of either foot.
- Lean on crutch handles and move your body forward, including your affected leg (don’t let it touch the ground).
- Take a step forward with your weight-bearing foot.
- Now move your crutches out in front of you to the tripod position and repeat.
- Practice will make it smooth and easier.
When to use crutches?
Crutches help you recover from various short-term injuries or long-term conditions to help support your weight. You might use walking crutches as you recover from a:
- Stress fracture
- ACL injury or tear
- Achilles tendon injury
- Broken ankle
- Broken foot
- Sprained ankle
- Muscle strain
- Knee injury
- Hip dislocation
- Other leg injuries
- Remove rugs around your home or confirm they're secured so you don't trip.
- Remove other clutter and confirm all cords are coiled up so you've got clear pathways.
- Wear shoes with non-slip socks or soles, don't wear heels or shoes with slippery soles.
- Please keep your floors dry and clean to avoid falls.
- Inspect your crutch tips on a daily basis and replace them once they become worn down.
Frequently Bought Together
Sammons Preston Wooden Crutches Size Chart
||29" - 37"
||37" - 43"
||43" - 51"
||49" - 61"
||56" - 68"