Hot And Cold Gel Packs Features
- Gel packs can provide either hot or cold therapy to relieve pain, swelling, stiffness, and sore muscles
- Made with a latex-free, double vinyl lining for secure containment of gel filling
- Packs are filled with soft gel pieces that conform to the body during use for a flexible therapy pack
- Heat gel pack in the microwave for hot therapy and place the gel pack in the freezer for cold therapy
- Therapy pack is ideal for both personal or clinical use
- Heat Therapy Pack
Many gel packs only function as an icepack, but Performa Hot & Cold Gel packs offer heat therapy too. Use the Gel Packs to relieve muscle aches, stiffness, tension, and cramps by heating the pack within minutes. Simply microwave the gel pack according to its size, and apply to the affected area.
- Cold Therapy Pack
The 2-in 1 Performa Gel Pack offers lasting cold therapy to the muscles. The pack is filled with large, moldable gel beads that remain flexible even when frozen. This provides cooling relief of pain and swelling to all body contours that are not achievable with stiff ice packs
What to buy with Performa Hot And Cold Gel Packs?
How to Apply Performa Hot/Cold Gel Packs
Before Use: Inspect the product for damage that may have occurred during shipping and handling. In the rare case of damage, contact Performance Health immediately.
Lay the Standard or Half-Size Pack flat in the microwave. Before heating the Cervical or Extra-Large Pack fold the free ends under the Pack; this will promote even heating. Select the high setting, and keep in mind that heating times may vary in different microwaves. General Heating Guidelines
- Standard and Cervical Packs: heat for 4 minutes, then turn over the pack and heat another 2 minutes.
- Half-Size Pack: heat for 3 minutes.
- Extra-Large Pack: heat for 8 minutes, then turn over the pack and heat for another 2 minutes
Allow a minimum of two hours for the pack to be stored in the freezer before using. Never use a pack that has been chilled below 0°F. Use a single piece of cloth to wrap around the pack, and test that the temperature isn’t too cold for the user. Do not leave the pack on the skin more than 30 minutes.Contraindications
Do not use on patients who have sensitive skin, nerve damage or poor circulation. Do not use in conjunction with balms, lotions or liniments.Performa Hot And Cold Gel Packs - User Manual