Pacific Rehab Miniwalk Gait Trainer Features
- The Miniwalk can grow with your child. These settings are easily carried out without the use of tools. The trunk support is chosen on the basis of the circumference of the child’s chest.
- To the right it features a pair of hip supports used by children who need support around the pelvis. The cross bar in the middle is used by children who are strong enough to walk without a seat and the anti-tip supports ensure that Miniwalk does not tilt if the child throws his or her body backwards.
- Electrolytically galvanized steel fittings
- Padding: Polyurethane foam
- Synthetic leather seat cover
- Soft solid rubber tyres on synthetic rims with self-lubricating ball bearings
- Postural Adjustment
- Simple Design
- For Indoor and Outdoor Use
- Spring assist system to aid the child to “swing through” during gait
- This gait Trainer can be engaged for in line mobility
- Adjustable angle handlebar encourages more upright or forward trunk orientation
- Durable frame finish
- Height of the trunk support and seat are adjusted quickly with spanner grips
- All steel construction
- Standard with castor swivel locks
- Miniwalk I : supports small children of age 1-1/2 years to 4 years
- Miniwalk II : supports small children of age 4 years to 7 years
What to buy with Miniwalk Gait Trainer by Pacific Rehab?
How to Maintain Miniwalk I and Miniwalk II Gait Trainers?
The walking aid can be washed down with hot water and normal detergent. However, the padding on the trunk support, handlebar, and rear stop should be avoided. With repeated use of detergent the painted frame may gradually take on a matt appearance, but can then be polished with car polish. Follow the instructions on the polish.
Checking for tightness
- Regularly check that all grips, bolts, screws and nuts are fully tightened and if necessary retighten
Oiling of springs
- Should the springs of Miniwalk start to creak it is possible to oil them from the bottom of the lower tubes. The walking aid is turned upside-down and very little oil is dripped into the two vents closest to the center. The walking aid is left in this position for a couple of minutes to enable the oil to disperse. Then the walking aid is turned around to its original position and it is left to drip off on a newspaper or the like.
- It is a therapy product - and should only be used as such
- The spring system used in Miniwalk can involve a certain risk of the walking aid toppling over if used by a very restless child
- If parts are removed, open tube ends may be revealed. These may have sharp inner edges and be dangerous for probing fingers. It is designed to avoid the necessity for open tube ends. If, however, a situation with open tube ends should arise, it is recommended that they are sealed off with plastic plugs.
- It rolls very easily, and one should always consider potential dangers the child can roll over to. Therefore: Never leave the child in miniwalk unattended
Limitations on use:
- The maximum user weight permitted is 40 kg (90 lb.)
- The walking aid should only be used on flat, level and stable surfaces
Miniwalk 106061 and 106062 Gait Trainer Specifications
|10-1/2 " to 19" (27cm to 48cm)
|14" to 25"
|Trunk support height
|20-1/2" to 29" (52cm to 75 cm)
|27" to 35"
|Wheel size, front
|6" x 1-1/4"Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â (150cm x 30cm)
|6" x 1-1/4" (150cm x 30cm)
|Wheel size, rear
|10" x 2" (250cm x 50cm)
|10" x 2" (250cm x 50cm)