Features of Microcyn Wound Cleanser Spray
- Hypochlorous acid: Contains a patented formulation of hypochlorous acid, which is a naturally occurring molecule that helps to fight infection and promote healing
- Non-toxic: The spray is non-toxic and safe for use on all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Non-irritating: It is non-irritating and non-sensitizing, making it gentle and well-tolerated by patients
- Fast-acting: The spray works quickly to reduce inflammation, promote healing, and kill a broad spectrum of bacteria, viruses, and fungi on contact
- Versatile: The spray can be used to manage a variety of wounds and skin irritations
- Easy-to-use: Comes in a convenient spray bottle that makes it easy to apply directly to the affected area
When to use this wound cleanser?
Used in the management via debridement of wounds such as:
- Stage I-IV Pressure Ulcers
- Partial- and full-thickness wounds
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Post-surgical wounds
- First- and second-degree burns
- Grafted and donor sites
What are the ingredients of Microcyn Professional Spray?
- Electrolyzed Water
- Sodium Chloride (NaCl)
- Preservatives: Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl), and Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl).
How does this spray work?
To deliver these results, Microcyn Wound Cleanser Spray offers the following properties to decrease infection, inflammation, and scarring:
- Antimicrobial: Research has shown that the antiviral, antimicrobial, and anti-pruritic properties present in Microcyn Spray help break down biofilms present in the wound bed, including for MRSA and VRE.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Application of spray assists with reducing infections and lessening any harmful inflammatory reactions.
- Regenerative: Microcyn Wound Cleanser Spray helps increase blood flow to the wound, which encourages healing and tissue formation.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Microcyn Skin & Wound Care Spray?
- Use Microcyn Antimicrobial Skin and Wound Care to clean and aid the debridement of wounds and peri-wound tissue.
- Do not rinse.
- To moisten a dressing, apply to wound dressing and cover the wound bed.
- To keep dressing moist, apply Microcyn as needed throughout the day.
- There may be a temporary burning or stinging sensation when first applied to broken skin
Note: The solution contains sodium hypochlorite and hypochlorous acid as preservatives to reduce/prevent the growth of microorganisms within the solution.
How to store?
- Store with cap closed tightly after each use in its original container.
- Store at 59 to 77°F (15 to 25°C) away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Do not freeze.
- Microcyn Antimicrobial Skin and Wound Care is to be used only as directed by a licensed healthcare practitioner.
- Do not use it to treat any condition other than that for which it is prescribed.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- If a reaction to Microcyn Antimicrobial Skin and Wound Care suggesting sensitivity or chemical irritation occurs, use of the medication should be discontinued and the prescribing healthcare practitioner consulted.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Microcyn?
Microcyn is a Broad Spectrum Anti-Microbial Hydrogel that belongs to a new class of anti-septics known as Super-Oxidized Solution. Microcyn is a clear, viscous, odourless, aqueous hydrogel that is pH-neutral, non-irritating, non-sensitizing and non-cytotoxic to granulation tissue.
What is the active ingredient in Microcyn?
HOCl, an ingredient in Microcyn, is 70 times more efficacious than the active ingredient in bleach, sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl).
What is Microcyn spray used for?
Formulated with preservatives, Microcyn Wound Cleanser Spray assists with debriding a range of wounds, including cuts, lacerations, abrasions and burns.
Is Microcyn safe for humans?
There are no known drug interactions or contraindications with Microcyn-based products. Testing has demonstrated the gel and liquid products to be non-irritating, non-sensitizing and non-toxic.
Wound Cleanser Spray Reviews