Features of Monaghan TruZone Peak Flow Meter
- Monaghan TruZone Peak Flow Meter measures peak flows from 60 lpm to 800 lpm at the fastest speed at which air is forced out of your lungs after taking a deep breath
- Helps detect changes in airways that could signal a worsening of symptoms or an improvement in breathing for people with respiratory conditions such as asthma or emphysema
- Allow patients to be active participants in their therapy
- Provides patients with clear zones of control for modifying medications
- Can be a psychological support for patients
- The small size and shape enhance portability and ease of use
- Clear chamber design (actual size) assures users of cleanliness
What to buy with Monaghan Peak Flow Meter
How to use TruZone Peak Flow Meter (PFM)
- Gently Shake the TruZone peak flow meter (PFM) vertically until the yellow indicator has been reset, resting within the diamond near the mouthpiece
- Take as deep a breath as possible
- Put the TruZone PFM mouthpiece into your mouth and seal your lips
- Blow out as hard and as fast as possible
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 as many times as instructed by your physician or healthcare professional
- Look at the number on the scale beside the yellow indicator
- Record this number in the space provided in your TruZone PFM daily record
The Daily Record included is sized to match the numbers on the TruZone PFM. Once you take a reading, all you have to do is lay the TruZone PFM next to the daily record and mark your result.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should the TruZone peak flow meter be used?
Measure peak flow twice daily, ideally linked to routine activities such as teeth brushing, for consistent and effective lung function tracking.
2. Is the TruZone peak flow meter suitable for multi-patient use?
In a medical setting, TruZone Meter can be used for multiple patients when equipped with a disposable one-way valve and sanitized between uses. It can be disinfected up to 10 times with Cidex† OPA or Revital Ox† Resert†.
TruZone Peak Flow Meter Reviews