Mepitel Transparent Wound Contact Layer Features
- Molnlycke Mepitel Safetac Transparent Wound Contact Layer enables less frequent dressing changes
- Transparent for easy wound inspection during application and during wear
- Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
- Does not adhere to moist wound beds but to dry tissue only
- Wear time: Up to 14 days
What to buy with Molnlycke Mepitel Transparent Dressing?
How Mepitel Safetac Transparent Dressing Works?
The porous structure of Mepitel allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. Mepitel prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound, ensures undisturbed wound healing and minimizes trauma and pain associated with dressing changes. As a result, patients experience less discomfort
Where to Apply Mepitel Safetac Transparent Wound Contact Layer?
- Skin tears
- Skin abrasions
- Surgical incisions
- Second degree burns
- Diabetic ulcers
- Venous and arterial ulcers
- Partial and full thickness grafts
Precautions to take while using Mepitel Safetac Transparent Dressing
- The wound should be inspected for signs of infection according to clinical practice. Consult a healthcare professional for the appropriate medical treatment.
- Mepitel used on burns treated with meshed grafts: avoid placing unnecessary pressure upon the dressing.
- Mepitel used after facial resurfacing:
- Avoid placing pressure upon the dressing, lift and reposition the dressing at least every second day.
- When used on bleeding wounds or wounds with high viscosity exudate, Mepitel should be covered with a moist absorbent dressing pad.
- When Mepitel is used for the fixation of skin grafts and protection of blisters, the dressing should not be changed before the fifth day post application.
When Mepitel is used on burns treated with meshed grafts or after facial resurfacing, imprints may occur if the product is not used properly