Features of Mepilex Transfer Ag Antimicrobial Dressing Features
- Mepilex dressing offers the flexibility to construct an optimal dressing combination to fit a wound type or exudate level
- Uniquely conformable and thin foam construction
- Impregnated antimicrobial silver sulfate in polyurethane foam transfers exudate into a secondary cover
- Absence of a backing film allows the exudate to transfer into a secondary dressing, which can be changed when needed, while Mepilex dressing stays in place
- Silicone antimicrobial dressing shows rapid antimicrobial effect within 30 minutes that is sustained for up to 14 days
- Silicone dressing maintains a moist wound environment conducive to healing
- By reducing the number of microorganisms, Mepilex Transfer Ag may also reduce odor
- Mepilex silicone dressing is used with a second absorbent layer suitable for the level of exudate
- Molnlycke dressing can be used under compression bandages
When to use Mepilex Ag Transfer?
Mepilex Transfer Ag Soft Silicone Antimicrobial dressing is indicated for low to high exuding wounds including difficult-to-dress locations where an antimicrobial effect is required:
- Traumatic wounds
- Partial thickness burns
- Pressure ulcers
- Foot and leg ulcers
- Surgical incisions
- Sloughy wound
- Medium to high exudation
- High exudation
- Viscous exudate
- Painful wound
- Superficial wound
- Infected wound
- Fragile skin
- Malignant fungating wound (MFW)
Mepilex Safetac Technology
The Safetac technology layer makes direct contact with the wound and the peri-wound skin, including uneven surfaces. It seals around the wound margins, allowing the foam structure of Mepilex Transfer Ag dressing to transfer exudate vertically into an absorbent secondary dressing.
What to buy with Mepilex Transfer Ag Soft Silicone Dressing
How to use Mepilex Transfer Ag Dressing?
- Cleanse the wound with saline solution or water according to standard clinical practice.
- Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
- Remove product from sterile pack using aseptic technique. Cut to appropriate size (if needed). Remove the release films and apply the product with the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch.
- For best adherence to surrounding skin cut Mepilex Transfer Ag to a size that overlaps the wound area by at least 2 cm for the smaller product sizes and 5 cm for the larger product sizes. If more than one piece of Mepilex Transfer Ag is required overlap the edges.
- Apply a secondary dressing appropriate for the level of exudate. The secondary dressing should exceed the edges of Mepilex Transfer Ag. Fixate to secure close contact with the wound.
Mepilex Transfer Ag is intended for short-term use up to 4 weeks. For continued use, a re-assessment by a physician is recommended.
Contraindications of Mepilex Ag antimicrobial foam dressing
- Not for use in patients with sensitivity to silver or any of the other dressing content.
- Do not use during treatments or tests with radiation, example, X-rays, ultrasound, diathermy or Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Do not use with oxidizing agents such as solutions hypochlorite or hydrogen peroxide.
Precautions to take While Using Mepilex Transfer Ag Soft SiliconeDressing
- Mepilex Transfer Ag should be used under the supervision of a qualified health care professional.
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver or any other contents of the dressing.
- Clinicians / Healthcare Professionals should be aware that there are very limited data on prolonged and repeated use of silver containing dressings, particularly in children and neonates.
- Mepilex Transfer Ag may cause transient discoloration of the wound bed and surrounding skin.
- In the event of clinical infection Mepilex Transfer Ag does not replace the need for systemic therapy or other adequate infection treatment.
- Do not use Mepilex Transfer Ag during radiation treatment or examinations e.g. X-ray, ultrasound, diathermy or Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
User Manual of Molnlycke Mepilex Transfer Ag Soft Silicone Antimicrobial Dressing
Mepilex Silicone Dressing Reviews