Features of Molnlycke Exufiber Ag Plus Fiber Dressing
- Molnlycke Exufiber Ag Plus Gelling Fiber Dressing has superior fluid retention capacity
- Highly absorbent even under compression
- Rapid antimicrobial action for up to 7 days (in vitro)
- Exufiber Ag Plus Gelling Fiber Dressing kills a broad range of pathogens including VRE, MRSA (in vitro)
- Proven to kill 99% of fungus within 24 hours
- Exufiber dressing can be used in the management of medium to highly-exuding wounds
- It can be used in combination with Mepilex Border with Safetac
When to use Exufiber AG+ Gelling Fiber Dressing?
Exufber Ag+ is intended to be used on a wide range of exuding wounds:
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Partial thickness burns
- Surgical wounds
- Donor sites
- Chronic wounds
- Oncology wounds
What to buy with Molnlycke Exufiber Ag+ Fiber Dressing
How Exufiber Ag+ works?
In contact with wound exudate, Exufber Ag+ transforms into a gel that facilitates moist wound healing and ease of removal during dressing change . Exufber Ag+ contains silver sulphate that is evenly distributed throughout the dressing. A rapid and sustained antimicrobial effect is initiated via contact with wound fuid.
How to use Exufiber Ag+ Gelling Fiber Dressing?
1. Cleanse the wound with wound cleanser according to clinical practice. Thoroughly dry the surrounding skin.
2. Aseptically remove the dressing from the package.
3. For shallow wounds: apply Exufiber Ag+ dressing to cover the entire wound with overlap on to the surrounding skin by at least 1-2 cm. The Exufiber Ag+ dressing will slightly shrink as it absorbs wound fluid.
4. For wounds with depth: loosely pack ribbon or sheet into the wound.
5. Fixate with an appropriate secondary dressing. Compression therapy may be used in conjunction with Exufiber Ag+.
Safety Precautions while using Exufiber Ag Plus Dressing
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional. Exufiber Ag+ does not replace the need for systemic or other adequate infection treatment.
- Exufiber Ag+ should be used under the supervision of a qualified health care professional.
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver or any other contents of the dressing.
- Clinicians/ Healthcare Professionals should be aware that there are very limited data on prolonged and repeated use of silver containing dressings, particularly in children and neonates.
- Exufiber Ag+ may cause transient discoloration of the wound bed and surrounding skin.
- Prior to commencing radiation therapy, remove Exufiber Ag+ if product is present in the treatment area. A new dressing can be applied following treatment.
User Manual of Molnlycke Exufiber Ag Plus Gelling Fiber Dressing