Features of 4 Oz Wound Cleanser by 3M
- Ideal for skincare and wound care
- Non-cytotoxic Single patient use only
- No rinse formulation
- Gentle spray stream consistent with guidelines for safe and effective cleansing
- Unscented wound cleanser
- Does not contain natural rubber latex
What to buy with 3M Wound Cleanser
How to use 3M Healthcare Cleanser?
- Twist cap open
- Hold bottle approximately one inch from wound bed. Aim nozzle at wound and squeeze bottle, directing stream of cleanser along the base and sides of the wound. Rinsing is not needed.
- Blot up excess moisture with a gauze pad
- Dry surrounding skin
- Treatment of any wound should be part of a well-defined plan and under the supervision of a health care professional
- Observe the wound for signs of infection. Consult a health care professional if any of the following are noted: fever, increased pain, redness, bleeding, swelling, unusual odor, increased drainage or cloudy or foul drainage
- If the wound does not begin to show signs of healing or if any other unexpected symptoms occur, consult a health care professional
- For external use only
Ingredients: Water, dextrose, sodium chloride, preservatives and nutrients associated with wound repair (pyridoxine hcl, zinc acetate, zinc chloride, zinc sulfate)
3M 91101 Wound Cleanser 4 OZ Bottle FAQ's
Q: How does the cleanser work?
A: The cleanser cleanses through mechanical action only. It does not contain a surfactant.
Q: What is the shelf life of this cleanser?
A: The shelf life of the cleanser is 3 years from the date of manufacture and is indicated on the package and shipping container. This is regardless of whether the bottle has been opened. The cleanser contains a preservative system that prevents growth of microbes introduced during normal use.
Q: What is the advantage of using a wound cleanser instead of normal saline for wound cleansing?
A: 1) Wound cleansers provide a convenient method for cleansing wounds. This avoids the gathering, assembly and disposal of supplies such as saline, syringes and angio-catheters.
2) Wound cleansers provide a consistent psi
3) Wound cleansers overcome concerns about microbial contamination associated with multi-use bottles of normal saline
User Manuals of 3M Wound Cleanser