Features of Mic Key Feeding Tube
- Mic-Key 14FR Gastrostomy Feeding Tube Kit includes:
- 1 MIC KEY Low-Profile Feeding Tube
- 1 Insertion stylet (US Only)
- 1 Water-soluble Lubricant (US Only)
- 1 Continuous Feed Extension Set, 12 inch
- Bolus Feed Extension Set, 12 inch
- 1 MIC KEY extension set with SECUR-LOK right angle connector and 2 port Y and clamp 12" length (for continuous feeding)
- 1 MIC KEY bolus extension set with cath tip, SECURE-LOK straight connector, and clamp 12" length (for bolus feeding)
- one 6ml syringe
- one 35ml catheter tip syringe
- Gauze pads
- 1 Direction for use
- 1 Patient care guide
- Inflatable silicone internal retention balloon reduces patient trauma experienced with obturated devices
- Proximal anti-reflux valve
- Ventilated secure-lok ring, the external retention mechanism designed to allow air to circulate around the stoma site and reduce tube pressure 360º from the sides of the stoma wall
- Radiopaque stripe
- Patented universal connector, designed to preserve tube life and minimize unintentional disconnects
- Balloon volume: 5 mL
When to use MIC Key G Tube?
When the patient is unable to intake food or fluids directly via the mouth. Interestingly enough, experts opine that while it is a relatively safe idea to provide patients with fluids and nutrition through an IV infusion, however, the body responds better when the food and nutrition are delivered through the gut rather than the blood vessels.
Contraindications: Placement of a feeding tube include, but are not limited to ascites, colonic interposition, portal hypertension, peritonitis and morbid obesity.
What to buy with Mickey Gastrostomy Tube