Features of CMC Controller Plus Wrist Support
- The patient assist strap allows for simple one-handed application
- Comes in two sizes, right and left
- CMC care thumb brace has a low profile design that provides pain relief and positioning for function
- The malleable stay hugs and lifts the head of the metacarpal while simultaneously seating the basilar joint aiding in pain relief
- Easy to trim that allows customization for each patient
How to Recover from Arthritis in Thumb Joint?
- Ice the joint for 5 to 15 minutes several times a day.
- Take an anti-inflammatory medication, to help reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Wear a CMC Controller Plus supportive splint to limit the movement of your thumb, and allow the joint to rest and heal.
How to Apply CMC Controller Plus?
- Align and slide thumb into thumb brace.
- Pull tightly and secure assist strap across back of hand.
- Stretch strap over assist strap, bring around to the palmal side of the hand, through the webspace of the thumb, and secure to hook on back of the thumb
- Shown with strap secured.
- Contour the moldable aluminum buttress to support the CMC Joint comfortably.
Hely & Weber CMC Controller Plus Instruction Manual
What to buy with Hely and Weber CMC Joint Brace
How to care for Hely & Weber CMC Brace?
- Hand wash using mild soap.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Air dry only.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Device will not prevent or eliminate risk of injury.
- Do not over tighten.
- If swelling, pain, skin irritation, or an unusual reaction occurs, discontinue. use immediately and consult medical professional.
- Device should not be worn by persons with known allergies to neoprene.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hely & Weber CMC Controller Plus Wrist Support
What is a CMC thumb brace?
CMC Brace is designed to stabilize the CMC joint to reduce arthritis pain. It helps reduce dorsal translation and restore alignment.
When do you wear CMC brace?
It is ideal to wear Hely & Weber CMC Controller Plus while cooking, golfing, gardening, playing tennis, driving, knitting, and during all other work/household activities.
How long should you wear a CMC wrist support brace for trigger thumb?
Your doctor may have you wear a splint at night to keep the affected finger in an extended position for up to six weeks. The splint helps rest the tendon.
CMC Controller Plus Reviews