Harmar Mobility AL690 Side Door Hybrid Platform Lift Features
- This Hybrid Platform Lift features simple one touch operation
- Carries most standard power chairs and shorter scooters
- Weatherproof, remote hand control
- No drilling required in most vehicles, connects to existing 2nd row seat hardware
- No power chair or scooter modifications required
- Third row seat spared in most applications
- Delivers power chair or scooter close to driver or passenger door
- Works with most minivans and SUVs
- Manual crank back-up
- Adjustable width drive-on platform
What to buy with Harmar Mobility Hybrid Lift
How to operate Harmar AL690 Hybrid Platform Lift?
1. Lower the Lift Platform - Using remote control, lower the lift platform until it reaches the ground and becomes level
2. Drive Chair/Scooter onto Platform - Drive the chair or scooter onto the platform so that the heaviest portion is closest to the lifting tower (this is usually under the drive wheels, motors and battery locations). Most often this method requires the chair or scooter to be loaded in reverse and unloaded driving forward. Set your chair or scooter’s speed control to slow speed to maneuver easily onto the platform.
3. Secure the Chair - Each corner of the AL690, the platform has a restraint attached, with a hook on the end. Place each hook in either the anchor plate slot or in each U-bolt.
Pull the loose end of each restraint tight. To release, simply press the release tab and remove the hooks.
4. Fold Seat Backs - If the chair has a folding seatback, you may want to place it in the down position for easier clearance when loading the chair into the vehicle. Depending on the size of your chair, you may need to remove the headrest as well.
5. Raise the Chair - Double-check that the chair is secured properly on the platform. While holding the hand control, stand to the side and away from the lift. Press the "UP" button.
The platform will rise and retract into the vehicle. When the platform stops retracting, release the button. The platform will automatically lock itself into a travel position. Close the door slowly, making sure that no part of the chair or other objects in the cargo area contact the door.
Harmar Mobility AL690 Side Door Lift safety and maintenance
- This lift is not meant for human transport. The wheel chair or scooter must be unoccupied before operating the lift. Each lift is designed to transport a specific chair only. Do not attempt to move any mobility devices, objects, people, or materials other than those for which the lift was intended.
- Do not allow anyone to use this lift unless they are properly instructed on operational and safety procedures.
- When using the lift, keep your hands and feet from under the platform
- Check regularly for any worn, lose, or damaged parts of your lift
- If you note any issues, do not use the lift. Contact your installer of the lift for repairs. Failure to act may cause severe injury or damage to property.
- Use your Hybrid Lift only for loading and unloading the scooters and power chairs for which it is intended.
- If your combination of vehicle and scooter/chair changes, for example if you buy a different vehicle or upgrade your mobility device, please consult your installer or dealer.
- The original equipment may not configure the same. Do not add to or modify any part of the lift system without first consulting the lift manufacturer.
- Check for paint chips and touch up bare metal. Use a good gloss black enamel or lacquer to inhibit rust.
Harmar AL690 Side Door Hybrid Platform Lift User Manuals
Harmar AL690 Hybrid Lift Specifications
||275 lbs (125 kg)
||186 lbs (84 kg)
|Platform Dead Space
||17" x 28", Adjustable
|Adjustable Platform Width
Harmar Mobility Side Door Hybrid Platform Lift Warranty
3 year transferable warranty