Deluxe Sling and Swathe Shoulder Immobilizer Features
- Two-piece design: The immobilizer consists of a sling and a swathe, which work together to immobilize and support the shoulder and arm
- Adjustable straps: The straps on both the sling and swathe are adjustable, allowing for a customized fit that can accommodate a range of body types
- Comfortable material: The sling and swathe are made of a soft, breathable material that is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time
- Lightweight: The lightweight design of the immobilizer reduces strain on the neck and shoulders, making it easier to wear for extended periods of time
- Versatile: The immobilizer can be used to support the shoulder and arm after a variety of injuries and surgeries, including rotator cuff injuries, shoulder dislocations, and shoulder surgery
- Easy to use: The immobilizer is easy to put on and take off, making it a convenient tool for both patients and caregivers
- Latex-free: The material used to make the immobilizer is latex-free, making it safe for individuals with latex allergies
When to use this Shoulder Immobilizer?
It is recommended for post-operative use:
- Shoulder luxations (dislocations)
- Distortions (sprains)
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Scapula fractures (fractures of the shoulder blade)
- Subcapital humerus fractures, and humerus shaft fractures
- It Is also recommended for fibromyalgia (painful muscle-tendon disease) and minor instability of the shoulder
Contraindications: Do not use Pro-Lite. Sling & Swathe for unstable fractures.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Prolite Deluxe Sling & Swathe Shoulder Immobilizer?
You may need assistance with applying Pro-Lite. Sling & Swathe correctly. We recommend having your shoulder immobilizer fitted for the first time by a healthcare practitioner or trained specialist to ensure optimum fit and therapeutic support.
- Place your forearm in the sling pocket with both straps hanging over your shoulders.
- Cross the straps at the back to prevent slippage.
- Pull the strap ends towards the front and attach the hook fasteners to the front of the sling envelope. If necessary, undo the Y-tab hook closures and trim the straps to the required length. Then reattach the 1f-tabs and fasten the straps as described above.
- Wrap the wide foam belt around your chest and injured arm. Start by attaching the hook closure on the arm sling, then wrap it over the injured arm and behind your back and close it at the front.
Pro-Lite Sling & Swathe comes with an additional short strap that may replace the wide circular belt during the later phase of the rehabilitation when only a reduced degree of immobilization is required. Attach the hook closures of the short strap to the front and back of the sling, covering the back of the elbow.
ProLite Deluxe Sling and Swathe Shoulder Immobilizer User Manual
|43" to 55"
|55" to 71"
|Measure circumference around upper chest and affected upper arm