What does Drive Nebulizer Include?
Drive Pacifica Elite Nebulizer includes the following:
- Medication cup
- 7 feet tubing
- Reservoir tube
Pacifica Nebulizer Guides
How to use Drive Breathing Treatment Machine?
Follow the below given Pacifica Elite compressor nebulizer instructions for use to successfully operate the machine and take efficient nebulizer treatment:
Operating the Pacifica Nebulizer
- Before each use inspect the compressor and nebulizer cup assembly for damage or wear, replace as needed.
- Place the Pacifica Elite Compressor on a table or other flat stable surface. Be sure you can easily reach the controls when seated. Do not use this device on the floor.
- With the power switch in the O (OFF) position, plug the power cord into an appropriate electrical wall outlet.
- Connect one end of the tubing to the compressor air-outlet connector.
- Assemble the nebulizer cup and add indicated medication to the nebulizer cup before use.
- Attach the other end of the tubing into the air-inlet connector found at the bottom of the nebulizer cup.
- Turn on the Pacifica Elite Compressor by pressing the power switch to the I (ON) position and begin treatment.
- If treatment needs to be interrupted, simply press power switch to O (OFF) position.
- When the treatment is complete, turn off the compressor by pressing the power switch to O (OFF) position and unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
How to take the treatment from Pacifica Elite Nebulizer?
- Sit up straight and breathe in deep.
- Attempt to breathe in so deeply that it feels as though the lungs are completely full of air and inhaling any additional air is impossible.
- If possible, hold your breath for 1-2 seconds unless directed otherwise by your physician and then slowly exhale through the nebulizer mouthpiece or mask.
- Holding your breath for 1-2 seconds after inhaling the medication allows for optimal absorption of medication in the lungs.
- Repeat this breathing pattern for the entire treatment.
- The length of a treatment can last anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the amount of medication and the performance of your compressor and nebulizer system.
- When you cannot see any medication in the nebulizer cup and the nebulizer has stopped producing a mist, the treatment has been completed.
What to buy with Drive Asthma Machine?
How to clean Drive Pacifica Elite Nebulizer?
Pacifica Nebulizer Cleaning
- With power switch in the “Off” position, unplug power cord from wall outlet.
- Disconnect tubing from the air-inlet connector and set aside.
- Disassemble mouthpiece or mask from cap. Open nebulizer by turning cap counterclockwise and remove baffle.
- Wash all items, except tubing, in a hot water/dishwashing detergent solution. Rinse under hot tap water for 30 seconds to remove detergent residue. Allow to air dry.
- For reusable nebulizer only, it can be cleaned daily in dishwasher using top shelf or by following the above cleaning procedure.
- Drive Reusable Nebulizer is dishwasher safe, but do not place any Drive Disposable Nebulizer parts in an automatic dishwasher; doing so could cause damage.
Drive Asthma Nebulizer Pacifica Compressor Cleaning
- With power switch in the “Off ” position, unplug power cord from wall outlet.
- Wipe outside of the compressor cabinet with a clean damp cloth every few days to keep dust-free.
- Do not submerge in water; doing so will result in compressor damage.
Pacifica Elite Compressor Nebulizer Filter Change
- Filter should be changed every 6 months or sooner if filter discolors.
- Remove filter by grasping it firmly and pulling out of the unit. Discard old filter.
- Replace with a new Drive filter. Additional filters should be purchased from your Drive provider.
- Push new filter into position.
- Do not reuse or wash filter or substitute any other material such as cotton for a Drive air-inlet filter. It will result in compressor damage.
Pacifica Elite Nebulizer Specifications
|Method of Nebulization
||0.5 µm to 5 µm
||7.5" (W) x 4.0" (H) x 6.8" (D)
||125 VAC, 60Hz
|Operating Noise Level
||110 Watts Max
||35 psig or greater
|Operating Pressure Range
||10 - 16 psi
|Compressor Free Air Flow
|Operating Temperature Range
||50 to 104°F, (10 to 40°C)
||15 - 95% non-condensing
|Storage/Transport Temperature Range
||-13 to 158°F, (-25 to 70°C)
||10 - 95% non-condensing
||4.1 lbs (1.86 kg)
5 year limited warranty on compressor parts
Pacifica Elite Nebulizer Reviews