What Drive Low Air Loss Mattess Includes?
- Cover Sheet
Features of Med Drive Air Mattress
- Drive Med-Aire Alternating Mattress System with Low Air Loss is specifically designed for prevention of bedsores and offers an affordable solution to 24-hour pressure area care
- LED and audible alarm provide critical performance data and alert caregiver when pressure falls below 10mmHg (inner mattress pressure)
- 20 air bladders, 9 of the bladders are equipped with laser holes to achieve the low air loss function which increases patient comfort, keeps the patient cool and speeds recovery
- Special vibration isolating features insure that the patient rests easily, without feeling the pumps vibrating action
- Whisper quite, pump produces consistent air flow and CPR valves provide fast (20-Second) deflation
- Pillow function maintains the 3 air cells at the head of the bed in static mode for patient comfort
- Spring lined air tubes prevent kinks and disruption of air flow
- Easy to replace individual bladders
- CPR valve allows for rapid deflation
- Quick fill adapter standard
- Med-Aire Mattress Dimension - 36"W x 80"L x 8"H
When to use Drive Low Air Loss Mattress
- Individual home care setting and long-term care
- Pain management as prescribed by a physician
Drive Medical 14027 Contraindications
- Cervical or skeletal traction
- Unstable spinal cord injuries
What to buy with Low Air Loss Mattress System
Functions of Drive Med-Aire Alternating Pressure Mattress System
Drive Med-Aire PUMP Function:
The functions of the pump are described below:
- Power Switch: The switch is at the right side of the pump. Turn ON/OFF the power, the pump will start/stop operation.
- Pressure-adjust Knob: Turn the soft/firm knob to set a comfortable pressure level.
- Normal Pressure Indicator: A visible indicator (green) tells the pressure has reached a preset or user-defined level.
- Low Pressure Indicator: A visible indicator (yellow or red) warns the pressure is below a preset or user-defined level.
- Alarm Reset: The audible/visible alarm turns on when the pressure is low. To mute the audible alarm, press the reset button. The visible alarm indicator will flash. Re-press the reset button to reactivate the alarm.
- Static/Alternating control: Press to set the air mattress either in static mode or alternating mode.
Drive Medical Med Aire Mattress Function:
Made with different materials (Nylon/PVC or PU), provided optionally with the pump.
How to install Med-Aire Low Air Loss Mattress and Pump System?
- Place the mattress flatly on the bed frame. The inflation tube should be towards the foot end so that it can be connected to the inflation nozzles on the pump.
- You may place a thin cotton sheet over the quilted mattress top cover.
- Hang the pump over the frame or board at the foot end of the bed using the “hangers” on the back of the pump. Make sure the pump is secured.
- Connect the inflation tubes from the mattress to the pump’s inflating nozzles. Make sure they are properly attached. NOTE! Make sure the air hoses are not kinked or tucked under the mattress. Also check to ensure the CPR valve is properly attached.
- Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet with grounded AC power. This product should be grounded! The power cord has a grounding wire with a grounding pin. This three-wire plug must be plugged properly into an outlet and grounded as shown in the figure in the Grounding Instructions section. Note: Before inserting the plug into the outlet, make sure the voltage is compatible. Also, make sure this product is well-grounded.
- Turn on the power by pressing the power switch at the right side of the pump. Proceed to the Operation section.
- Make sure to disconnect the pump by unplugging the power cord when it is not in use.
How to clean Drive Med-Aire Mattress System
- Do not immerse or soak the pump.
- Check for external damage and move the pump to the cleaning area.
- Place the pump on a work surface and spray or wipe the outside of the case with quaternary ammonium solution.
- Do not spray any cleaning solution directly on the surface of the pump.
- Do not use a Hypocarbonate or Phenolic based cleaning solution as this may cause damage to the case. Allow the solution to incubate for 10 minutes or accordingly as stated by the cleaning product used.
- Wipe case with a clean cloth. Make sure all areas are clean (top and bottom, both sides).
- Spray cloth with cleaning solution and clean faceplate. Do not allow excess cleaning solution on faceplate or control panel. (If solution gets inside, damage will occur.) Allow surface to thoroughly dry after cleaning.
- After the pump is thoroughly cleaned and dried, proceed to plug in the pump and test to see if it runs normally.
- Unplug the pump and store with proper identification tag.
- Avoid long exposure to sunlight.
- Brush off or wipe down all surfaces of the cover sheet with soap and water before wetting with any liquid disinfectant.
- Any obvious blood spots should be wet thoroughly with 1:9 Hypochiorite solution (1 part bleach to 9 parts water) and allow drying for at least 10 minutes. Then blot with a clean, damp cloth.
- Unzip the top cover from the mattress.
- Brush or wipe down all surfaces with soap and water before applying any liquid.
- Covers are immersed and soaked in disinfectant for the required incubation time.
- After pre-soaking, the cover is rinsed through a regular cycle in a washer with no soap then laundered with mild detergent (wash temperature 93°F, rinse temperature 78°F or on the coldest setting).
- Covers are aerated until they are fully dry. (Drying temperature range 90-120°F or on the coldest setting).
- The air cells are unsnapped from one side and are sprayed on all sides with a disinfectant. Let it sit for the required incubation time and wipe down with a clean cloth. (Make sure to disconnect all the air cells, one by one, and spray the disinfectant on all sides, including all the connecting tubes and hoses. Let it sit for least 10 minutes).
- If there is a base after you remove all the air cells, the base has to be sprayed down with the disinfectant, inside and outside. Let it sit for the required incubation time and wipe down with a cloth.
- Repeat the process with the tubing set: spray, incubate, and then wipe clean.
- The carrying bag should be turned inside out and completely wiped down using the disinfectant solution. Allow it to thoroughly air dry. Once the inside is dry, turn it back: wipe down the outside of the bag with disinfectant.
- Dry the mattress on a SUNLESS area after cleaning.
- Avoid long exposure to sunlight.
How to maintain Med-Aire Pump and Mattress System?
- Check the power cord and plug to see if there are abrasions or excessive wear
- Check the mattress cover for signs of wear or damage. Ensure the mattress cover and tubes are connected together correctly
- Plug in the pump and check the airflow from the hose connection port. The airflow should alternate between ports every half-cycle time.
- Check the air hoses to see if there are kinks or breaks.
- Make sure the mattress tube is well connected.
- Check the pump and make sure both power and power indicator are off when the switch is turned off.
- Low Pressure:
- Examine if there is air leakage between the pump and the mattress connections or from the air mattress tubes
- Check connectors between the air mattress and pump. If there is any disconnection, please reconnect it.
- Check the CPR Valves. Ensure their outlets are sealed
- Check the air-connecting tubes. Ensure each single cell is not broken.
- Turn the pressure-adjust knob to Firm. Keep the tubes fully inflated and inspect for air leakage.
- Check if there is any air leakage from cells. Ensure no leakage occurs. If any leakage occurs, please contact your local agent or dealer.
Med-Aire Alternating Mattress User Manual
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Specifications of Med-Aire and Alternating Pressure Mattress System
Control Unit Airflow
8 LPM (Liters per Minute)
Control Unit Cycle Time
Control Unit Type
Control Unit Alarms
Mattress Cover Material
Fluid Resistant Nylon
Drive Med-Aire 14027 System Warranty
1 Year limited warranty