When to use Covaderm Plus Wound Dressing?
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Chronic secreting lesions
- I.V. sites
- Laparotomy sites
- Arthoscopic incisions
- Tube sites
- Diabetic ulcers
- Surgical incisions
Deroyal Composite Adhesive Dressing Features
- Thick multi-layered composite wound dressing
- Fabric tape conforms to difficult/odd body contours
- Helps to maintain moist environment with protection from outside contaminants
- Breathable layer prevents drainage strike through and is a barrier to external contaminants
- Covaderm wound dressings absorb wound drainage, promote a moist environment helpful to healing, and serve as a barrier against water and bacteria when used as a secondary dressing
Deroyal Wound Dresssing Instruction Manual
What to buy with Deroyal Composite Wound Dressing?
How to apply Deroyal Plus Wound Dressing?
- Carefully read the Warnings and Cautions prior to use.
- Inspect the packaging for damage or defects. Replace the entire dressing if the packaging is damaged.
- Clean the wound of excess drainage and fluid, and thoroughly dry skin around the wound.
- Open the dressing package.
- Peel the paper liner from the back of the adhesive dressing.
- Center the contact layer (gauze) over the wound.
- Change dressing as needed when wet, soiled, leaking, or as directed by a licensed practitioner.
- To remove the dressing, hold the edge of the adhesive border and carefully pull it in the direction of hair growth, lifting bandage from the wound.
- Dispose of the soiled dressing.
Storage and Transport Conditions
- Store at room temperature and avoid excessive heat and humidity.
Covaderm wound dressings absorb wound drainage, promote a moist environment helpful to healing, and serve as a barrier against water and bacteria when used as a secondary dressing.
- Ensure the dressing fully covers your wound.
- If the dressing rips or tears prior to or during application, discard the torn dressing and replace it.
- Prior to removal, ensure the dressing has not adhered to the wound. If the dressing has adhered to the wound, rinse with water or saline solution to loosen.
- Take proper care when removing a dressing with adhesive as it may result in skin irritation. If the adhesive is too strong or the skin is fragile, rinse with water or saline solution to loosen.