Convatec DuoDerm Extra Thin Dressing Features
- DuoDERM Hydrocolloid dressing improves healing rate and increases epithelialization
- Designed to be used anywhere on the body to support and protect the newly-formed tissue
- Can be used as a primary dressing for treating and managing lightly exuding wounds
- Can be used as a secondary dressing for securing an Aquacel Dressing or an Aquacel Ag Dressing
- A wide range of DuoDERM dressing sizes and shapes such as oval, square, rectangle, etc. fits a variety of wounds
- This DuoDERM Patch lifts the exudate from the wound and offers faster healing
- Long wear time means fewer dressing changes are required
- DuoDERM Bandage minimizes the risk of infections
- Easy to use
Protection with DuoDERM
- DuoDERM Extra Thin Dressing prevents contact with clothes or bed linen to minimize the risk of further skin breakdown due to friction
- Thin polyurethane film offers a viral and bacterial barrier when the dressing is intact without any leakage
- Provides a waterproof barrier to protect the wound and the dressing
- DuoDERM dressing can be removed easily without damaging the newly formed tissue
- Beige in color
When to use Convatec DuoDERM Dressing?
DuoDERM Extra Thin Hydrocolloid Dressing is designed for the treatment of the following conditions:
- The skin is at risk of further breakdown
- Dry to lightly exuding dermal ulcers or wounds
- Newly-formed tissue
- Stage I and II pressure ulcers
- Superficial wounds
- Postoperative wounds
- Skin tears
What to buy with DuoDerm Dressing
Why to use DuoDERM Extra Thin CGF Dressing by Convatec?
DuoDerm Hydrocolloid Dressings Support Gentle Wound Management
On contact with a moist wound surface, DuoDerm dressings form a gel that creates an optimal moist wound healing environment.
- An outer film provides a waterproof barrier over the dressing.
- The foam layer is designed to provide both thermal and mechanical protection.
- A honeycomb matrix of hydrocolloid particles absorbs exudate to form a soft, moist gel.
- The dressings keep nerve endings moist, which helps to provide relief from discomfort.
- DuoDerm dressings can be worn continuously for up to seven days unless they are uncomfortable, there is leakage or there are clinical signs of infection.
How to use DuoDERM Extra Thin Hydrocolloid Dressings?
To use DuoDERM Dressing properly, follow the given steps:
Prior to Dressing:
- Wash your hands, cleanse and rinse the wound then dry the surrounding skin
- Measure the wound to select the appropriate dressing size, allowing a 1¼ inch (3cm) overlap on intact skin around the whole wound
Applying the dressing:
- Warm the dressing between your hands
- Remove the ‘top’ white release paper being careful to minimize finger contact with the adhesive surface
- Hold the adhesive side of the dressing over the wound
- Align with the center of the wound<>
- Gently apply the center part of the dressing
- Remove the ‘bottom’ white release paper while rolling the dressing in place – but don’t stretch it
- Repeat on the other side and remove the clear release paper
- Gently mold the dressing into place for 30–60 seconds
- Gently lift one corner of the dressing
- Roll it away from the wound while holding the skin away
- Gently lift the other corners and pull upwards until the dressing completely peels off
Duoderm Dressing Extra Thin FAQ
How long should DuoDERM be used on a wound?
DuoDERM has a seven-day maximum wear period unless there are leakage or infection symptoms.
Can I use a DuoDerm dressing while showering?
The dressings are water resistant, yes.