Convatec DuoDerm Extra Thin Dressing Features
- Hydrocolloid dressing improves the healing rate and increases epithelialization
- Designed to be used anywhere on the body to support and protect the newly-formed tissue
- Can be used as a secondary dressing for securing an Aquacel Dressing or an Aquacel Ag Dressing
- Flexible easy to mold in curved areas
- Extended wear upto 7 days, yet easy to remove
- Can be used as a primary dressing for treating and managing lightly exuding wounds
- DuoDERM Bandage minimizes the risk of infections
- Prevents contact with clothes or bed linen, minimizing the risk of further skin breakdown due to friction
- Thin polyurethane film offers a viral and bacterial barrier when the dressing is intact without any leakage
- Provides a waterproof barrier to protect the wound and the dressing
When to use this Duoderm Hydrocolloid Dressing?
Designed for the treatment of the following conditions:
- The skin is at risk of further breakdown
- Dry to lightly exuding dermal ulcers or wounds
- Newly-formed tissue
- Stage I and II pressure ulcers
- Superficial wounds
- Postoperative wounds
- Skin tears
Why use this dressing?
DuoDerm Hydrocolloid Dressings support gentle wound management in contact with a moist wound surface. They form a gel that creates an optimal moist wound healing environment.
- An outer film provides a waterproof barrier over the dressing.
- The foam layer is designed to provide both thermal and mechanical protection.
- A honeycomb matrix of hydrocolloid particles absorbs exudate to form a soft, moist gel.
- The dressings keep nerve endings moist, which helps to provide relief from discomfort.
- DuoDerm dressings can be worn continuously for up to seven days unless they are uncomfortable, there is leakage, or there are clinical signs of infection.
Frequently Bought Together
How to apply DuoDerm Dressing?
Prior to Dressing:
- Wash your hands, cleanse and rinse the wound, then dry the surrounding skin
- Measure the wound to select the appropriate dressing size, allowing a 1¼ inch (3cm) overlap on intact skin around the whole wound
Applying the dressing:
- Warm the dressing between your hands
- Remove the ‘top’ white release paper being careful to minimize finger contact with the adhesive surface
- Hold the adhesive side of the dressing over the wound
- Align with the center of the wound
- Gently apply the center part of the dressing
- Remove the ‘bottom’ white release paper while rolling the dressing in place – but don’t stretch it
- Repeat on the other side and remove the clear-release paper
- Gently mold the dressing into place for 30–60 seconds
- Gently lift one corner of the dressing
- Roll it away from the wound while holding the skin away
- Gently lift the other corners and pull upwards until the dressing completely peels off
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long should DuoDERM be used on a wound?
It has a seven-day maximum wear period unless there are any leakage or infection symptoms.
2. Can I use a DuoDerm dressing while showering?
The dressings are water resistant, yes.
3. When should you not use this dressing?
It creates a moisture barrier, so it should not be used on people with infected bed sores.
This is what our customers say about this product!
5-Star Rating Product!
- I love these ‘bandages.’ They draw the wound’s interior out and draw the skin edges together.
- You can put it on as is or cut it down to the size you need. Put it on, and it stays on for days.
- These DuoDerm pads are an excellent way to make wound healing a 100% successful experience.
- As a retired nurse, I've used this product many times, so I know this is a quality product at an excellent price. Thank you so much for being my new wound care store!
- It is the best because it's no fuss, no scar, you can take a shower, it lasts for days, and no infection can get in
- Works great for people who can get bed sores. The cost is very reasonable and affordable.