Features of Aircast Airselect Walker Brace
- Customizable, independent distal aircells
- Integrated inflation system allows individualized fit; no handbulb needed
- Non-marking, skid resistant rubber tread
- Improves traction and durability
- SoftStrike technology
- Low profile rocker sole
- Enables normal walking gait; reduces forefoot angulations and knee hyperextension
- Trimmable and heat-moldable semi-rigid shell
- Easily custom-fit for comfort
- Sleek, open-frame design
- Provides ventilated protection and supports compliance
- Contours around the malleoli
- Eliminates pressure for sustained comfort
- Three-strap system
- Evenly disperses pressure and eliminates pooling of edema
- Intuitive, integrated inflation system
- Permits quick and easy customization of each aircell
Who should use this Walking Boot?
Specifically designed for:
- Stable fracture of foot/ankle/lower leg
- Severe ankle sprain
- Post-operative immobilization
Frequently Bought Together
Aircast AirSelect Technology
Aircast AirSelect Duplex Technology
Multiple aircells are layered within the semi-rigid shell to provide pulsating compression with each step. This design is clinically proven to reduce edema 3x faster, relieve pain, and speed healing.
- Fully integrated inflation technology permits quick and easy customization.
- During the gait process, the overlapping aircells start to fluctuate - resulting in a massaging motion that milks the edema up and away from the injured area.
Aircast AirSelect Ultra Light Technology
Semi-rigid shell has structurally engineered vents that maximize airflow and minimize mass without compromising support.
- Three-strap system disperses pressure evenly and helps reduce the pooling of edema.
- Trimmable and heat-moldable semi-rigid shell for a custom fit and better patient compliance.
- Sleek, open-frame design for ventilation and maximum patient protection.
- Shell contours around the malleoli to help eliminate pressure for sustained comfort.
Aircast AirSelect SoftStrick Technology
A patented grid design puts a matrix of shock-absorbing material in direct contact with the heel, providing structured cushioning that reduces heel loading and helps prevent impact-related stress.
- Heel strike is absorbed and dissipated by the patented SoftStrike technology.
- Mid-stance section is designed to minimize hip differential and knee flexion movement.
- The toe-off section continues the rocking motion, enhancing mobility for the continuation of everyday tasks.
- Non-marking, skid-resistant rubber tread for greater traction and longer wear.
- A low-profile rocker sole enables a normal walking gait with less forefoot angulation, preventing excessive hyperextension of the knee.
How to use Aircast AirSelect Standard Boot?
- While seated, put the foot in a brace, positioning the heel against the back of the brace. Then, wrap the liner around the foot and then the leg (Fig. A).
- Replace front panel: Position the front panel so the Aircast logo is over the toes and the upper part of the panel is secured to the liner (Fig. B).
- Secure straps from bottom to top (Fig. C). Tighten until snug and comfortable.
Adjust Aircell Compression:
The Standard walking brace aircells are initially deflated
- Begin inflation on the injured side first. Turn the SELECTOR found on the right side of the brace to the appropriate number (Fig. D). Number 1 inflates the aircell on the right side, and Number 2 inflates the aircell on the left side. The “lock” position should be used once both aircells are inflated. This prevents accidental deflation.
- To inflate aircell, place a finger over a small hole on top of the large inflation pump found on the top right side of the brace (Fig E). Pump until aircell feels snug.
- To inflate other aircell, rotate SELECTOR to the appropriate number and then press and release the large inflation pump. Pump until aircell feels snug. When both aircells are inflated, rotate SELECTOR to the “lock” position.
- In the event of over-inflation, deflate aircells.
- To deflate the aircells, turn the selector on the right side of the brace to the proper air cell number (Fig. D).
- Press and hold your finger on the small release button found on the top right side of the brace (Fig. F).
- Deflate until the pressure is comfortable.
AirSelect Standard Walking Boot User Guide
How to clean AirSelect Walker Boot?
- The foam liner may be hand-washed in 86°F/30°C water with mild detergent and air-dried
- Do not put in the dryer or use other heat sources to dry
Warnings and Precautions:
- Do not over-inflate aircells
- Improper aircell inflation may cause significant skin irritation, especially in people with diabetic neuropathy (a diabetic nerve condition)
- Check your skin frequently for "hot spots" and skin irritation
- If you see any skin changes or feelings of discomfort, reduce the aircell compression
- Do not use this device if you cannot feel sensations, whether due to post-op anesthesia, nerve, skin, or other conditions
- Use caution when walking on slippery or wet surfaces to avoid injury
Aircast Standard Walking Boot Size Chart
||Shoe Size Men
||Shoe Size Women
||Height of Brace
||Toe Footbed Width
||Up to 4
||Up to 5
||4 to 7
||5 to 8
||7 to 10
||8 to 11
||10 to 13
||11 to 15
U.S. Shoe Sizing
Aircast Airselect Walker Walking Boot Reviews