Freestyle Freedom Lite Glucose Monitors Features
- Compact and lightweight design: The meter is small enough to fit in a pocket or purse, and is easy to take with you on the go
- No coding required: The system automatically calibrates each new strip so that there's no need to enter a code
- Easy-to-read display: The large, easy-to-read screen displays the blood glucose reading in large, bold numbers, making it easy to see and understand
- Fast results: The system delivers results in just 5 seconds, so you can quickly and easily monitor your blood glucose levels
- Small blood sample size: The test strips require just 0.3 microliters of blood, which means you need only a small drop of blood to get an accurate reading
- Memory function: The meter can store up to 400 readings, so you can track your blood glucose levels over time
How does this Glucose Meter works?
- Data Port: Downloads test results. Requires a compatible data management system.
- c (Configure) Button:
- Marks a control solution test
- Scrolls forward
- Silences a reminder alarm
- Changes the date, time, alarm settings, sound options, and reviews stored readings
- Test Strip Port: Insert the Top end of a new FreeStyle Lite test strip here. The meter powers on when you insert the test strip.
- FreeStyle Lite test strip
- Sample area
- Sample Areas (dark-colored half-circles on test strip): Apply blood or control solution to one sample area only. Insert the strip into the meter printed side up (see the image to the right).
- m (Mode) Button:
- Moves to different mode settings
- Scrolls backward
- Silences a reminder alarm
- Display Screen: Displays your test results and other important information.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use FreeStyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System?
Prepare to Test
- Select your test site.
Note: Avoid moles, veins, bones, and tendons. Bruising may occur at the test site. If bruising occurs, consider selecting another site. There are differences in testing on fingers versus alternative sites.
Warning: Test on your fingers if you are testing for low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) or if you suffer from hypoglycemia unawareness.
Check for low blood glucose when:
- You feel symptoms such as weakness, sweating, shakiness, headache, or confusion
- You eat a delayed meal after taking insulin
- You are following your healthcare professional’s advice
- Wash your hands and the test site with warm water and soap to ensure accurate results.
- Thoroughly dry your hands and the test site.
- Do not use lotion or cream on the test site.
- Check test strip expiration date. Do not use expired test strips; they may produce inaccurate results.
Performing a Blood Glucose Test
- Remove test strip from vial.
- Insert test strip to turn meter on. Note: The meter turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity. Remove and reinsert the unused test strip to restart the meter. If the meter does not turn on, go to Troubleshooting section.
- Confirm System Check Screen.
- This display appears when you turn on the meter. Do not use the meter if the display check screen does not exactly match the example. Contact Customer Care.
- See The FreeStyle Freedom Lite® Meter and How It Works section for more information.
- If the system check screen does not appear, go to Troubleshooting section.
- Obtain a blood drop. When the blood drop sign appears, use the lancing device to obtain a blood drop. (See FreeStyle lancing device insert for instructions.) The test strip requires only a 0.3 microliter of blood for accurate results.
- Apply and hold blood to 1 sample area of the test strip until:
This indicates the test strip obtained enough blood and the meter is checking your glucose level. If a short line does not appear after 5 seconds, the sample may be too small. You can add blood to the same side only for up to 60 seconds. If the test does not start after applying blood drops, go to the Troubleshooting section.
- You see short lines moving clockwise on the display or
- You hear a beep
- View result The result appears on the display when the test is complete. The time that the meter takes to display a result depends on your blood glucose level. Higher glucose levels require more time.
Note: If you see an “Er1, Er2, Er3, or Er4” on the display, it is an error code. Go to Error Codes section.
- Remove the test strip to turn the meter off. Discard used lancet and test strip properly.
- . Wash your hands and test site thoroughly with warm water and soap after handling the meter, lancing device, or test strips.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which test strips should I use with the FreeStyle Freedom Lite meter?
The FreeStyle Freedom Lite meter is intended to be used with FreeStyle Lite blood glucose test strips only.
2. Can the FreeStyle Freedom Lite system be used to test on alternate sites?
Yes, you can test on upper arms and palms. However, when testing for hypoglycemia or if you have hypoglycemia unawareness, we recommend testing on the finger only.
3. Do I need to code the meter before using it?
No, the FreeStyle Freedom Lite does not require coding. The meter automatically calibrates each new strip so there's no need to enter a code.
4. How many readings can the FreeStyle Freedom Lite store in its memory?
The meter can store up to 400 readings, so you can track your blood glucose levels over time.
FreeStyle Freedom Lite Glucose Monitoring System Specifications
||2.0"W x 3.3"L x 0.63"D (5.1cm x 8.4cm x 1.6cm)
||15% to 65%
|Meter storage temperature
||4°F to 140°F (20°C to 60°C)
|Operating relative humidity
||5% to 90% (non-condensing)
||40°F to 104°F (4°C to 40°C)
||1 CR 2032, 3V lithium battery, replaceable
||20 to 500 mg/dL
||1.4oz to 1.6oz (39.7gm to 45.4gm) including battery