Accessories Available (sold separately):
How to use ByACRE Carbon Lightweight Folding Walker?
Unfolding the rollator
- To unfold the rollator, simply pull the handles outwards.
- Push downwards on the outer rails of the seat in one swift motion, until you hear a significant click from the locking mechanism.
- If you are in doubt whether the folding mechanism is correctly locked e.g. in a noisy environment, please check that the locking hook under the seat is properly locked into place.
Folding Carbon Ultra-Light Rollator
- Lift the seat by the cut-out in the center to release the locking mechanism.
- To ensure that the rollator is completely folded, push the handles toward each other.
Height adjustment of the Carbon Rollator Handles
Due to ergonomically as well as safety reasons, it is important that the height of the handles is adjusted correctly. The correct adjustment of the handles is very individual. A rule of thumb is that the handles should be level with your wrist when standing in an upright position. If you are in doubt, consult your physical therapist, occupational therapist, or another specialist.
- Press the height adjustment button on the frame with one hand while pulling the handle with the other.
- Adjust the handle to the desired height and release the height adjustment button.
- Check that the handle is locked in a secure position by moving it up and down and that the height adjustment button is in the locked position.
How to use Brakes?
Carbon Ultralight is equipped with two independent brakes acting on the rear wheels.
- Pull the brake levers upwards to activate the brake. The lever moves back to the neutral position when the brake lever is released.
- The parking brake is activated by pressing the brake lever down until you hear a click sound. Release the parking brake by pulling the brake lever back to the neutral position.
- Always engage both parking brakes when you sit on the seat.
- Under normal circumstances, both brakes should be activated simultaneously.
- Be aware that when only one brake is activated, Carbon Ultralight will turn to the same side as the engaged brake.
- Do not store with the parking brake activated as prolonged activation of the parking brake can leave visible marks on the wheel and decrease the braking performance.
Adjustment of the Brakes
The brake should be adjusted if the brake force applied to the wheel is insufficient (this can occur if the tyres are worn) or the parking brake is difficult to activate (which is most often seen after the replacement of a worn-down tire). Always set the handle to the desired height before the brake is adjusted as the position may cause a little variation in the brake adjustment.
- Adjust the brake with a 2mm Allen wrench. Insert the Allen wrench into the adjustment screw through the hole in the front of the brake unit.
- The brake is tightened by turning the adjustment screw clockwise (viewed from the front) and loosened by turning the adjustment screw counter-clockwise (viewed from the front).
Using Kerb Lifter of Rollator?
It is equipped with a kerb lifter that makes it easier to get over smaller obstacles like kerbs and low steps. This is particularly helpful if heavy objects are transported in a front-mounted basket or bag.
- Carefully press on the kerb lifter with a foot.
- Pull slightly by the handles to lift the front wheels off the ground. Be aware that the stability of the Carbon Ultralight changes when it is reclined. Be cautious and try to bypass rather than climb high obstacles.
ByACRE Carbon Fiber Ultralight Rollator User Manual
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Carbon Ultra-Light Rollator really the lightest rollator in the world?
Yes, Carbon Ultralight is the world’s lightest rollator. With 4.8 kg for the fully assembled rollator, this is the only rollator with 4 wheels made for adults (size Medium) that weighs this little. Lightweight exclusive materials such as carbon fiber frames and aluminum folding cross and handlebars allow the rollator to reach its position as the lightest available rollator in the category.
2. Why do the Carbon Rollator Handles look different than traditional Rollators?
The handles on the Ultralight Rollator are turned in the opposite direction as traditional rollators. This provides a better posture while walking as you can pull the rollator closer to your body and walk upright. The ergonomic handles make you feel good and safe and are designed in a way so it feels like you are holding someone else’s hand when grabbing onto them.
3. Can I adjust the handles of the Carbon Rollator to fit my height?
Yes, you can. The traditional knob is replaced with a push button, so the handles can easily be adjusted with just a push of a button. The handles can be adjusted in 30 mm increments from 790 mm to 910 mm.
4. Will the Carbon Ultralight Rollator fit in the trunk of the car?
The Carbon Fiber Rollator folds flat and is only 25 cm wide when folded. It can easily be lifted into the trunk of a car. The folded measures for the rollator are 66 x 25 x 80 cm.
5. Where are the brake cables of the Carbon Rollator?
The brake cables are hidden inside the frame. When the cables are hidden inside the frame the expression of the rollator instantly becomes more light and simple.
6. When is ByACRE Rollator Walker used?
ByACRE Ultralight is used by a person to hold their balance while standing for a long duration. ByACRE rollator is also very good for those with arthritis or a weak grip.