BD Luer Lok Syringe Features
- Ideal for critical clinical applications
- Integral Luer-Lok hub assures secure connection to needles or IV ports
- Crystal-clear polycarbonate barrel
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Sterile Luer lok syringe
- Meant for single use to prevent the spread of infection
- All needles and syringes are in easy-peel blister package
Frequently Bought Together
How to use BD Syringe With Luer-Lok?
- Choose the appropriate size of BD Luer-Lok syringe based on the amount of medication you need to administer.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and prepare the medication you need to inject.
- Attach the needle to the syringe by pressing it onto the Luer-Lok tip and twisting it until it locks into place.
- Draw the medication into the syringe by pulling back on the plunger until you have the correct amount.
- Tap the syringe gently to dislodge any air bubbles, and then slowly push the plunger until all the air is expelled from the syringe.
- Clean the injection site with alcohol or another disinfectant and allow it to dry.
- Hold the syringe like a pencil with your dominant hand and use your other hand to stabilize the injection site.
- Insert the needle into the injection site at a 90-degree angle and slowly inject the medication.
- Once the medication has been entirely administered, withdraw the needle and dispose of it properly in a sharps container.
- Finally, dispose of the used syringe and other materials in a biohazardous waste container.
1. What is the BD Luer Lok syringe used for?
It is ideal for critical clinical applications where it is crucial to avoid potential needle disengagement, medication leakage, or spray.
2. What is it made of?
These syringes are disposable, sterile polypropylene for general-purpose applications.
3. What is the difference between a slip tip and a Luer Lok syringe?
The difference is that the Luer Lok syringe allows a needle to be twisted onto the tip and locked in place.