Why monitoring Baby's Weight is important?
Monitoring a baby's weight is of utmost importance as it provides crucial insights into the baby's growth and development. Regular weight checks allow to assess if the baby is gaining weight at a healthy rate, which serves as a vital indicator of overall well-being. Adequate weight gain signifies that the baby is receiving sufficient nutrition, supporting optimal growth, brain development, and overall health. Weight monitoring helps in the early detection of potential health issues or feeding difficulties, enabling timely intervention and support. It plays a significant role in evaluating the effectiveness of feeding strategies, such as breastfeeding or formula feeding, and helps track the progress of interventions and treatments. By closely monitoring weight, parents can ensure the baby's nutritional needs are met, identify any underlying concerns, and provide the necessary support for the baby's growth and overall health.
Benefits of Infant Weight Scale
- Accurately measure your baby's weight, even if they are restless or constantly moving
- Track your baby's growth and development over time
- Identify any potential health problems early on
- Monitor your baby's intake of breast milk or formula
- Easily share weight data with your doctor or healthcare provider
Baby Scales Features
- Scales are specially designed to take smaller weight reading for newborns and infants
- Durable, powder coated tray is used to hold active babies in place while weighing
- The spring less balance beam helps in taking the accurate weight
- These scales may display the reading via a beam/balance display or a digital display
- Diaper scales are used to determine the fluid output from wet diapers
- These scales come with a digital display
How to Choose the Best Baby Scale?
- Accuracy: Look for a baby scale that offers high accuracy in weight measurements. Accuracy is crucial for tracking the baby's weight changes over time and detecting even small variations.
- Weight Capacity: Consider the weight capacity of the scale to ensure it can accommodate your baby's weight as they grow. Opt for a scale with a capacity that exceeds your baby's current weight to allow for future measurements.
- Ease of Use: Choose a baby scale that is easy to use and offers a user-friendly interface. Look for features like a large and clear display, intuitive controls, and simple operation.
- Safety Features: Prioritize the safety of your baby by selecting a scale with features like a non-slip surface, curved or contoured weighing tray, and a secure strap or harness to keep the baby in place during measurements.
- Measurement Units: Consider your preference for measurement units. Some scales offer options for displaying weight in pounds, kilograms, or both, allowing you to choose the unit that is most convenient for you.
- Portability: If you need a portable option, look for a lightweight and compact baby scale that is easy to carry and store. Portability can be beneficial for traveling or if you need to move the scale between different locations.
- Additional Features: Some baby scales offer additional features that can be useful, such as memory functions to store previous weight measurements, the ability to calculate average weight, or conversion between different measurement units.
How to use Infant Weighing Scale?
- Prepare the Scale: Place the baby scale on a flat, stable surface. Ensure that the scale is clean and free from any obstructions.
- Weighing the Baby: Undress the baby, removing any clothing, diapers, or blankets that may add extra weight. Gently place the baby on the scale, ensuring that their body is centered and positioned correctly. If the scale has a contoured weighing tray or harness, use it to secure the baby safely in place. Remain close to the baby to ensure their safety and comfort during the weighing process.
- Record the Weight: Once the baby is settled and still, wait for the scale to stabilize and display a steady weight. Take note of the weight displayed on the scale or record it using a pen and paper, a smartphone app, or any other method you prefer. If the scale has a memory function, make sure to save the weight measurement for future reference.
- Interpret the Weight Measurement: Compare the weight measurement with previous measurements or reference charts to track the baby's growth. Discuss any concerns or notable changes in weight with a healthcare professional for further evaluation or guidance.
- Clean and Store the Scale: After use, clean the scale. Store the baby scale in a safe and dry place, ready for the next use.
Where to Buy Baby Weight Scale Online?
At HPFY we have a wide range of baby scales including the popular Cardinal Health Portable Digital Baby And Toddler Scale, Detecto Digital Baby Scale, Seca Electronic Baby Scale With Removable Tray, Detecto Stainless Steel Wet Diaper Scale etc. Buy digital weighing scales at best prices and attractive discounts. We offers quality products from featured manufacturers like Seca , Detecto, Graham-Field and many more. Buy now to avail the discounts!
Articles and Research Papers
Frequently asked questions
A baby weighing scale must be calibrated at least once a week. Calibration can be checked in the unit against known standard weights ranging from gms to kgs. For e.g. 100 gms and 1 kg or 2 kg.
It depends on the unit where the scale would be used. For e.g. If the weighing scale is to be used for the newborn unit exclusively, machines with a range of up to 5-7 kg with a resolution of ± 1 gm would be ideal.
A single weighing scale in the unit could be a possible source of infection. Commonly available disinfectants like savlon, cidex or detergent and water may be used to clean the pan. Spirit/alcohol should be avoided as it can damage the pan material or LED display. If the baby pan is detachable major stains like blood and stools can be cleaned with a detergent and water.
Monitoring an infant's weight throughout their development period is crucial in the understanding the overall health and in deciding the adequate nutrition required by the young child. Therefore pediatric baby scales are a must-have piece of equipment in delivery rooms, doctors' offices and clinics.
Features of a pediatric scale include that they are:
- Easy cleaning
- Lightweight for simple transport, and
- Capable of averaging the weight of a moving child