Pocketalker Ultra Features
- Separate tone and volume controls are located on the outside of the case for easy adjustments to your hearing needs
- Lightweight, ergonomic design for portability and easy use
- Fingertip adjustable volume control allows you to quickly adjust to your listening environment, whether your hearing loss is low frequency or high-frequency sounds
- Use with neck loops and telecoil-equipped hearing aids
- Accommodates a variety of earphones and headphone options
- Amplifies sound for better understanding
- 3.5mm mono microphone and headphone plug
- 200 hours of battery life
- Low battery indicator
Cautions For Pocketalker Ultra
1. Hearing Safety-
This product is designed to amplify sounds to a high volume level which could potentially cause hearing damage if used improperly. To protect your hearing and the hearing of others:
- Make sure the volume is turned down before putting on the earphone or headphones before adjusting the volume to a comfortable level
- Set the volume level at the minimum setting that you need to hear
- If you experience feedback (a squealing or howling sound), reduce the volume setting and move the microphone away from the earphone or headphones
- Do not allow children or other unauthorized persons to have access to this product
2. Battery Safety and Disposal:
- This product is supplied with disposable Alkaline batteries. Do not attempt to recharge disposable batteries, which may explode, release dangerous chemicals, cause burns, or other serious harm to the user or product
3. Pacemaker Safety:
- Before using this product with a pacemaker or other medical device, consult your physician or the manufacturer of your pacemaker or another medical device
- If you have a pacemaker or other medical device, make sure that you are using this product in accordance with safety guidelines established by your physician or the pacemaker manufacturer
What are the Cleaning Instructions for Pocketalker Ultra?
- Use an alcohol wipe or 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to clean the outside of the Pocketalker case and the earphone/ headphone cord. The wiping cloth should be damp rather than soaking wet (see caution below). Lightly swab the unit down, as pressing hard may release liquid into the unit.
- The Pocketalker can be carefully cleaned with â€œHospital Cleaner Disinfectant Towels with Bleach, or alcohol however, we cannot guarantee that the coloring/markings on the unit will not be affected as a result of multiple bleach applications.
- Replace the earphone foam pads with each new user, or use disposable sanitary headphone covers with each new user. (Earphone/headphone pads/covers are available through Williams Sound).
- If using a plug-in microphone (MIC 014-R), replace the optional disposable sanitary microphone cover (WND 012) with each new user. (Both the MIC 014-R Plug-In Microphone and WND 012 Sanitary Microphone Cover are available through Williams Sound. The WND 012 is sold in packs of 100).
- Do not spray or put liquid directly on the unit. Apply the cleaning solution to a wipe or swab to clean the Pocketalker. Avoid pressing hard. It is crucial that No Liquid of any kind gets into the electronics of the unit, (i.e. Headphone jack, microphone jack, USB charging jack, internal speaker, internal microphone, volume knob, tone control, or t-coil switch).
Caution: Avoid getting any liquid inside the Pocketalker unit as it can damage the circuit board and will void the warranty