Techniche Nomex Fire Resistant Cooling Vests Features
- 100% cotton vest, with thermal liner
- One set of 6665V PCM Cooling Inserts is included with each vest and one cooler bag
- No risk of ice burns or condensation
- Provides comfortable cooling
- Cooling Duration is 2-3 hrs
- Activate in freezer, fridge or ice water (no electricity)
What Is CoolPax?
CoolPax is made of Phase Change Material (PCM) cooling technology. It uses a non-toxic carbon-based liquid that freezes at 58F/14°C and remains at that temperature for 2-3 hours. Simply place CoolPax inserts in freezer or ice water for 35/40 minutes and insert into garment pockets.
Science Behind CoolPax
A Phase Change Material (PCM) is a substance with a high heat of fusion which, melts and solidifies at a certain temperature, and is capable of storing and releasing large amounts of energy. Heat is absorbed or released when the material changes from solid to liquid and vice versa; thus, PCMs are classified as Latent Heat Storage (LHS) units.