Features of Adaptic Non Adhering Dressing
- Petrolatum emulsion properties provide a soothing coating while preventing the adherence of dressing and allowing exudate to easily pass through the absorbent layer
- This Non-Adhering Dressing protects the wound, minimizing pain and trauma during the management and therapy of dry to heavily exuding wounds
- Adaptic non adhering dressing is available in various sizes including a packing strip size, suitable for packing boils, fistulas, abscesses and other draining wounds
- Adaptic dressing protects the fragile tissue in wounds by its unique structure with small mesh size
- Less stick and less pain while using Non-Adherent Dressings
- Each dressing is dipped in cellulose acetate and petrolatum emulsion bath that allows it to absorb wound exudate, preventing the pooling of fluid at wound site
How does Systagenix Adaptic Non Adhering Dressing work?
This Non-adherent Dressing protects the wound, minimizing pain and trauma with its petrolatum loaded mesh. It protects the fragile tissue in wounds with a unique structure featuring a small mesh size. This helps to prevent tissue adherence to either the Adaptic Dressing or the secondary dressing on top.
Systagenix ADAPTIC Non-Adhering Dressing
- The unique structure knitted cellulose acetate fabric mesh impregnated with a petrolatum emulsion is intended as a primary dressing to be used with a secondary dressing
- Mesh allows for exudate to pass easily through to a secondary absorbent dressing, helping to prevent maceration of the wound surface and minimizing the risk of pooling
- This adaptic non adhering dressing removes cleanly from the wound, minimizing trauma and pain during dressing changes
- In turn, this reduces the risk of tissue adherence to both systagenix adaptic non adhering dressing and the secondary dressing, and minimizes patient pain
Inappropriate systagenix adaptic non adhering dressing selection that causes the dressing to adhere to the wound bed can cause trauma and pain when the dressing is removed.2 Dressings that adhere to the wound bed may result in additional practitioner time and use of resources.
When to use Adaptic Gauze?
- Dry to highly exuding wounds where adherence of dressing and exudate is to be prevented
- Adpatic dressing for burn - First and second-degree burns
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Nail extractions
- Surgical incisions
- Reconstructive procedures
- Suture lines
What to buy with Adaptic Dressing
How to apply Syatagenix Adaptic Dressing?
Site Preparation for Systagenix Adaptic Dressing :
- Prepare the wound according to wound management protocol
- Ensure the skin surrounding the wound is dry
ADAPTIC Dressing Application:
- Carefully clean the wound following facility protocol
- Cut adaptic non adhering dressing to size if required and place directly on the wound
- Cover with a sterile secondary dressing of your choice depending on the amount of wound exudate
- Adaptic wound dressing may be left in place for several days depending upon the amount of exudate
ADAPTIC Dressings Reviews