Smith & Nephew Opsite IV3000 Standard Catheter Dressing Features
- Reduces risk of infection:
- Reduces bacteria growth by preventing moisture accumulation underneath the dressing due to a high moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
- This catheter dressing acts as a bacterial and viral barrier
- Low incidence of device-related septicemia
- Greater Patient comfort:
- Reduces pain on removal
- Acts as a waterproof film allowing patients to shower with the dressing on
- Maintains Skin integrity:
- Low allergy adhesive
- Prevents skin maceration
- Non-irritating and non-sensitizing
- IV3000 supports good IV clinical practice:
- Provides excellent catheter stability minimizing unscheduled dressing changes, but is easy to remove due to grid adhesive spread
- Can be applied aseptically
- IV3000 can stay in place for up to 7 days
- Allows continual monitoring of the catheter insertion site
The IV3000 comes in different options to fit the application required by the patient as shown below:
- Non-ported dressings: A transparent film dressing with moisture-responsive technology with two Improved securing strips and a documentation label.
- Frame Delivery: A transparent film dressing with moisture-responsive technology. The frame delivery system allows the user to position the dressing over the catheter with immediate visualization of the IV site. The dressing includes two securing strips and a documentation label.
How does Opsite IV3000 work?
Opsite IV3000 is designed to adhere securely to the skin around a catheter insertion site. Its moisture-responsive nature helps prevent the dressing from sticking too tightly to the skin, allowing for painless removal. The transparent film allows monitoring of the site without removing the dressing.
Frequently Bought Together
How to apply Smith & Nephew IV3000 Moisture Responsive Catheter Dressing?
Clean and thoroughly dry the application area.
- Remove approximately half of the protector paper and center the dressing over the insertion site.
- Smooth the dressing down onto the patient's skin works from the catheter outwards and remove the remaining protector paper. Be careful not to apply the dressing under tension.
- The protector paper may be removed from the orange tape handles and the entire handle adhered to the patient's skin. Alternatively, a portion of the tape handles can be torn off with the protector paper still in place. This can then be removed and the tape handles are used to help secure the catheter hub or tubing. They may also be used for documentation.
- If using more than one dressing, do not allow the dressings to overlap.
- Remove the dressing by loosening the orange handles and stretching the dressing parallel to the patient's skin while stabilizing the patient's skin and catheter with the other hand. Alternatively, use an alcohol wipe to break the adhesive seal. If the skin is particularly fragile then warm soap and water may be used to break the adhesive bond and to ease the dressing off.
- Use on prepared dry skin only. Do not stack dressings, or allow dressings to overlap.
- Periodically monitor the dressing and catheter the site to confirm the secure attachment and continued proper infusion, especially after bathing, showering, or if the dressing and catheter site becomes wet.
- If the dressing comes off, evaluate to ensure proper catheter placement, and then apply a new dressing.
- As with all adhesive products, apply and remove carefully from sensitive or fragile skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Opsite IV3000 be used for different types of catheters?
Yes, Opsite IV3000 comes in various sizes to accommodate different catheter types and insertion sites, making it suitable for a wide range of medical procedures.
Is Opsite IV3000 easy to apply and remove?
Yes, Opsite IV3000 features a gentle adhesive that facilitates easy application and removal, minimizing discomfort for the patient. Its moisture-responsive properties also contribute to painless removal.
Is Opsite IV3000 breathable?
Yes, Opsite IV3000 is breathable, allowing air to circulate around the catheter site. This feature helps reduce the risk of moisture buildup and associated skin issues.