Allevyn Foam Dressing Features
Multi-Layer Design: Allevyn Dressings with multi-layered design incorporates silicone adhesive, hydrocellular foam, hyper-absorber lock away the core, protective masking layer, and breathing film. Designed to redistribute pressure, these dressings are a cost-effective solution to complement the pressure ulcer prevention program. The silicone wound contact layer helps minimize trauma to the wound and pain to the patient during dressing changes and allows the dressing to be repositioned.
The unique multi-layer design helps redistribute pressure more evenly than traditional foam dressings. In addition, the quadrilobed shape with a wide border helps ensure that the dressing stays in place.
A pressure redistribution comparison study measured the pressure transferred through the dressings when the pressure was applied to the dressing surface using a probe. 1000 mmHg was applied to both the dressings.
The following was seen:
Benefits of Allevyn Life Dressing
- Discretion Layer for Patient Confidence: Discretion minimizes the visual impact of strikethrough, giving patients the confidence that the dressing may not attract the negative attention of others. Masking layer acts as a change indicator that optimizes dressing change frequency and minimizes waste.
- Lock-away Layer Providing Peace of Mind: Allevyn Life dressing has a hyper-absorbent lock-away core that provides excellent fluid locking under pressure. It absorbs common wound odors when tested on the representative compounds and provides the patient with peace of mind from leakage prevention.
- Cushioning Layer for Maximum Protection: Multi-layered design (hydrocellular foam, hyper-absorbent lock away core, and masking layer) provides cushioning and helps to redistribute pressure. Patients feel comfortable as they are cushioned against everyday trauma.
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full- and partial-thickness wounds
- Pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second-degree burns
- Donor sites
- Skin tears
- Fungating ulcers
What led to the innovation of this Dressing?
- Leakage, visible strikethrough, and odor can be embarrassing and stigmatizing
- Poor cushioning from knocks and bumps can cause fear and pain
- Dressings that do not stay in place and fall off are highly frustrating
- Frequent dressing changes and slow wound healing cause anxiety
This inspired the development of Allevyn Life, which is a multi-layered dressing incorporating hydrocellular foam, a hyper-absorbent lock-away core, and a masking layer designed specifically for people and their everyday life.
What is Allevyn Life?
Complete wound care means far more than physical healing, particularly to patients living with their wounds 24/7. Allevyn is the dressing that has stood by it and worked backward from the human body, transpiring just the right amount to keep each wound at the optimum moisture levels. 96% of patients assessed Allevyn Life as a comfortable dressing during wear.
Frequently Bought Together
How to Apply Allevyn Life Foam Dressing?
- Cleanse the wound according to local protocols
- Select an appropriate Allevyn Life Foam Dressing size
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound by removing excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure a close approximation to the wound.
- Remove one of the protector materials from Allevyn Life and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin. Smooth the dressing over the wound, ensuring there are no creases.
- Remove the remaining protector material and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching the dressing. Only the pad area of the dressing must adhere to the entire surface of the wound.
- Allevyn Life can be used to dress awkward wounds such as heels and elbows; the dressing corner lobes can be overlapped when positioning the dressing, ensuring no creasing or stretching occurs to the dressing
When to change?
- Allevyn Life Foam Dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days, except in the sacral area
- The sacral dressings can be left in place for up to 5 days, depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or until exudate covers more than 50% of the absorbent pad outside of the central screen
- The above is guidance, and the decision of when to change should follow local clinical protocols
- Due to the increased potential for contamination and infection in the sacral area, increased monitoring of dressing adherence may be required as per local clinical protocols
- To remove the dressing, lift the edge of the dressing and slowly peel it back until completely removed from the wound
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What's a foam dressing?
It would help if you used foam dressing because they help keep the wound moist and handle moderate-to-heavy exudate. Foam dressings are very adaptable and supply a cushioning effect, making them suitable for bony prominences or areas of increased friction.
2. How often should you change a foam dressing?
Replace the dressing every 3 to 7 days or as needed. Add an extra wound dressing to secure non-adhesive foam. You can stretch the adhesive border laterally to make dressing removal easier.
3. What are foam dressings made of?
Foam dressings came around approximately 25 years ago. They are made of polyurethane and provide a soft, absorbent dressing for granulating wounds of varying aetiologies and sizes.
4. Do wounds heal faster, covered or uncovered?
According to a few studies, blood vessels repair quicker when wounds are wet and covered, and the number of cells that produce inflammation decreases faster than when wounds are left open. An injury should be kept wet and covered for at least five days.
Here is what our customers have to say about this product!
4.5-Star Rating Product!
- I needed one that I wasn't allergic to, which seems to be working.
- Excellent; they hold! Easy to remove!
- The Allevyn Life Foam Dressings are perfect for treating my husband's pressure sores.
- The dressing can be cut in half to make them efficient for covering the different areas.
- Helped immensely in healing a 'bed sore' as well as providing comfort to my husband during the healing process.
- Great product and great price!
- Perfect for the wound we were trying to heal.
Allevyn Life Dressing Sizes
||4" x 4"
||10.3cm x 10.3cm
||2" x 2" (5.1cm x 5.1cm)
||5.06" x 5.06"
||12.9cm x 12.9cm
||3" x 3" (7.6cm x 7.6cm)
||6.06" x 6.06"
||15.4cm x 15.4cm
||4" x 4" (10.2cm x 10.2cm)
||8.25" x 8.25"
||21cm x 21cm
||6" x 6" (15.4cm x 15.4cm)
Allevyn Foam Dressing Reviews