Why choose Sage PrimaFit External Urine Management System For Females?
- PrimaFit was designed for females to help manage urinary incontinence
- Sure-Stay Silicone Adhesive Pad keeps device in place
- Ultra-Soft Wicking Fabric absorbs and diverts urine away from skin
- Primafit External Catheter has Tapered End Cap gently fits in perineal area to secure device in position
- Tiered Connection Port allows for easy connection to hospital tubing
What to buy with PrimaFit External Female Urinary Catheter?
Note: The PrimaFit Catheter System does not function without a suction canister and tubing. These items are sold separately and if you do not have them, kindly shop for them from the following categories -
How does PrimaFit Female Condom Catheter work?
When properly positioned, PrimaFit’s ultrasoft wicking fabric absorbs and diverts urine away from the patient’s skin. Urine is then absorbed into the system’s core and suctioned into a collection canister, helping keep the skin dry and addressing a risk factor of incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD).
How to use PrimaFit External Urine Management System?
Preparations before using PrimaFit External Catheter
- Perform a skin assessment and document per hospital protocol
- Refer to manufacturer’s instructions for suction set up
Placement of PrimaFit Female Catheter
- Set up suction canister with tubing per hospital protocol
- Place patient in supine position and separate patient’s legs
- Clean patient’s genital area from front to back per hospital protocol and assess skin integrity
- Remove device from package
- Attach suction tubing. Ensure connection to device is secure
- Position device vertically with Tapered End Cap facing downward and white fabric facing patient’s labia
- Align Tapered End Cap with perineum and place device between the labia and against the urethral opening. Ensure absorbent fabric is covering the urethral meatus
- Curve the device toward the patient’s lower abdomen
- While holding the device in place, remove the adhesive liner and smoothly adhere the adhesive pad over the suprapubic region
- Ensure suction tubing does not run under the patient
- Set vacuum to low, continuous suction at a minimum of 40mmHG. Always use the minimum amount of suction necessary.
- Return patient’s legs to naturally closed position
Points to note while using PrimaFit External Catheter
- Perform a skin assessment periodically per hospital protocol
- Ensure tubing is connected at all times while device is in use
- Assess device periodically to ensure proper placement, particularly after turning or repositioning patient
- Replace device every 12 hours or if soiled with stool or bodily fluids other than urine. Dispose of device per protocol
- Replace tubing and empty and/or replace suction canister per hospital protocol
Removal of PrimaFit Catheter
- Place the patient in the supine position and separate patient’s legs
- Gently remove the adhesive pad.
- Separate the labia and remove the device
- Assess skin integrity and perform perineal care.
- Disconnect device from suction tubing and discard device per hospital protocol.
- Not intended for use on patients in the prone position
- Not intended for use on male patients
- Not intended for stool collection
- Use caution if using on patients with altered mental status
- Remove device during ambulation
Discontinue use when independent or assisted toileting is feasible
User Guide for Sage PrimaFit External Female Condom Catheter
PrimaFit Female Catheter System Instruction Manual