Benefits of Active Ice 3.0 Knee and Joint Cold Therapy System
- Whisper quiet pump circulates cool water throughout the bladder
- The Knee Bladder is optimized to provide comfortable, cold therapy to the knees
- Easy to reuse time and time again, simply add ice and water to the cooler
- Optional adjustable flow rate temperature control
- High flow, dry, quick disconnect couplings allow for freedom of movement if needed
- The cooler lid on the unit is hinged and snaps in place, keeping it tight and properly sealed
Note: This item is non-returnable due to hygiene purposes
How does the system work?
The system works by circulating cold water through a U-shaped bladder that is placed over the affected joint. The bladder is connected to a 9-quart cooler that holds ice and water, and a pump circulates the cold water through the bladder.
Adjustable Temperature Control Valve - Buy For Better Temperature Control:
- Helps to maintain the temperature of a desired process at a specific level
- Provides reliable, automatic, and accurate temperature control of fluids
- An adjustable temperature control flow control valve
- Allows for maximum comfort
Ice Machines For Knee Surgery
- 12" x 13"
- One size fits most
- Black color
- Compatible with the U-shaped bladder
- Holds the bladder comfortably in place on the targeted body part
- Insulates the target area and controls condensation
- Provides a gentle, adjustable compression
- Hook tabs conveniently attach to the Universal U-shaped bladder
- Can be used on either knee to deliver comfortable, easy-to-use, and portable drug-free pain relief
- 3 elastic straps with hook and loop tabs closures hold the wrap comfortably on the knee
- The soft cotton backing absorbs moisture and helps protect the skin, while the insulated outer fabric directs maximum cold therapy to the knee
- Hook and loop tab closure adjusts for a snug, comfortable fit
What to Buy With Knee Surgery Ice Machine
Also Available Separately:
Product Safety and Precautions
- The Active Ice® 3.0 System can get really cold, and that might harm your skin in certain situations.
- Before using it, talk to a healthcare expert. Tell them all about your medical history, especially if you've had problems with cold in the past.
- Some medical conditions make you more likely to get hurt by the cold. Ask your healthcare provider if you might have any bad reactions.
- Be extra careful if you're a child, have diabetes, are very sick, have poor blood circulation, or have special skin issues. A medical professional should watch over you when you use cold therapy.
- Only use it as your healthcare provider tells you to. Follow their instructions about how often to use it, how cold it should be, when to check your skin, and how long to use it.
- Make sure you read and understand all the instructions, warnings, and cautions that come with the Active Ice® 3.0 System before you use it.
How to use a Polar Ice Therapy Machine?
- Fill the cooler with ice and water. The cooler should be filled up to the fill line indicated on the inside of the cooler.
- Connect the hose from the bladder to the connector on the side of the cooler.
- Connect the power supply to the cooler and plug it into a power outlet.
- Turn on the cooler and set the temperature to the desired level. You can adjust the temperature using the buttons on the control panel.
- Put on the U-shaped bladder over the knee or joint area that needs therapy.
- Make sure the bladder is securely in place, and adjust the straps as needed to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Turn on the pump by pressing the button on the control panel.
- The bladder will start to fill up with cold water, providing therapeutic cold therapy to the affected area.
- Allow the therapy to continue for the recommended amount of time, as instructed by your healthcare provider or as specified in the instructions provided with the device.
- When the therapy session is over, turn off the pump and disconnect the bladder from the cooler.
- Drain the water from the bladder and allow it to air dry before storing it for future use.
Polar Ice Therapy Machine User Manual
How to care for and maintain this system?
- Empty and wipe out the cooling reservoir after each use.
- When necessary, rinse the cooling reservoir and hoses with warm, antibacterial soapy water.
- Once every 2 weeks, pour 16 ounces of Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol into the reservoir with the ice and water while the system is in use.
- Allow the alcohol and water mixture to circulate through the system for at least 30 minutes.
- Periodically check the pump filter sponge and clean it or replace it. Do this by grasping the back of the pump and pulling the pump cover off.
- Then, remove the black filter sponge. Clean and replace.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What conditions can the system be used for?
The Polar Active Ice 3.0 Knee and Joint Cold Therapy System can be used for a variety of conditions, including post-operative recovery, sports injuries, and general pain relief.
2. How long can the system be used for?
The system can be used for up to eight hours of continuous cold therapy.
3. Is the system easy to use?
Yes, the system is designed to be easy to use. Simply fill the cooler with ice and water, connect the bladder to the cooler, and turn on the pump.
4. Is the system portable?
Yes, the system is portable and can be used at home, in the office, or on the go.
5. Can the system be used on other parts of the body?
Yes, the system can be used on other joints, such as the shoulder, ankle, and elbow, by changing the shape of the bladder.
6. Is the system safe to use?
Yes, the system is safe to use when used as directed. However, it is important to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any discomfort or injury.
|9-Quart Cooling Reservoir
|11.5" x 9.5" x 8.5"
|Weighs 5.5 lbs. (without ice or water in the reservoir)
|Programmable Timer & Temperature Flow Control (Patent-Pending)
|Timer cord is 32" from cooling reservoir to remote and 18.5" from remote to plug-in with power supply (50.5" total)
|5 feet of attached insulated tubing
|120/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz Adapter converting to 12 VDC for Active Ice® System operation
Polar Active Ice 3.0 Warranty
If the unit is within its 180 day warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced with a new unit at no charge.