Polar Active Ice 3.0 Knee Cold Therapy System Features
- Natural, drug-free pain relief
- Whisper quiet high-efficiency pump
- Comfortable and easy-to-use
- Optional adjustable temperature flow control
- Hinged cooler lid
- Elastic belts to hold the bladder securely
- - Knee Bladder with elastic and Velcro straps
- 9-quart cooler
- 5' insulated cool water lines
- Electronic digital timer with on/off switch
- AC Power Adapter with cord
What to buy with Polar Active Ice 3.0 Cold Therapy System
Care and Maintenance of Ice 3.0 Cold Therapy System
- Empty and wipe out the cooling reservoir after each use.
- When necessary, rinse the cooling reservoir and insulated tubing with warm, antibacterial soapy water.
- Once every 2 weeks, pour 16 ounces of Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol in the reservoir with the ice and water while the system is in use.
- Allow the alcohol and water mixture to circulate through the system for at least 30 minutes.
- Periodically check the pump filter sponge and clean it or replace it.
- Do this by grasping the back of the pump and pulling the pump cover off. Then remove the black filter sponge. Clean and replace.
Cleaning and Extended Storage
Note: It is not possible to remove all of the water from the therapy pad, system, and tubing; therefore these instructions are to be followed before extended storage.
- (a) To clean the system after you have finished all of your cold therapy treatments and prior to extended storage, fill the reservoir with water to the fill line and mix in 2 tablespoons of liquid bleach.
- (b) Connect the therapy pad to the system and turn the system on.
- (c) Allow the water/bleach mixture to circulate for 5 minutes. This will help keep the system clean.
- (d) Turn the system off and unplug the power supply.
- (e) Carefully drain the water and bleach mixture out of the reservoir and wipe dry. Store in a cool dark place leaving the lid slightly open. (Exposure to sunlight and extreme heat may damage hoses and the system.)
- (f) When reusing the system after extended storage, remove the filter sponge from the pump motor and clean or replace it. Then fill the reservoir with clean water. Connect the old therapy pad and turn the pump on to circulate the water through the hose and therapy pad and flush the remaining water mixture out of the system (use the old therapy pad for this procedure; discard the therapy pad after cleaning is completed). A new therapy pad should be purchased when using the system after extended storage.
- (g) Dispose water and refill the reservoir with fresh ice and water.
- (h) Before you use the system, inspect tubes and therapy pad for any tears or breaks.
Cautions and Warnings
- The Active Ice System can seriously injure skin if used improperly
- Follow all instructions to ensure product safety for patients and medical professionals
- If you are pregnant, please consult your healthcare provider prior to use
- If you have sensitive skin, or skin sensitivity, please consult your healthcare provider
- Active Ice System should be kept out of reach of infants and children
- Do not use while asleep
- The Active Ice System should not be used by an invalid, unconscious person or a person with low blood circulation without supervision
- Do not leave system unattended when operating
- Discontinue use if you experience persistent discomfort or a rash
- The system should not be applied to cancerous lesions, wounds, infected areas or open sores
- Never unplug by pulling on the connecting cords
- Turn off when not in use
- Polar Active Ice 3.0 Brochure
Polar Active Ice 3.0 Cold Therapy System Manual
If the unit is within its 180 day warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced with a new unit at no charge.