Features of Visco-Gel Hammer Toe Cushion
- PediFix Visco-Gel Hammer Toe Cushion relieves pressure on toe tips that can cause blisters, corns
- Supports bent-under toes
- Durable, washable and reusable for months
- Effective for 'hammer', 'claw' and 'mallet' toe conditions
- Make shoes and walking more comfortable
Benefits of Hammer Toe Cushion
- Visco-GEL is a diabetic friendly, proprietary visco-elastic polymer with unique beneficial properties.
- First, as a soft, ‘semi-solid’, it conforms perfectly to each curve and contour of the body. Second, it absorbs and helps rebound from friction, pressure and impact.
- Third, it diffuses vitamins and oils that soothe and soften to rejuvenate and help heal rough, dry and cracked skin with hydration therapy and even helps to improve the appearance of scars.
- USA formulated Visco-GEL offers exceptional stretch without tearing properties.
What to buy with Toe Cushion
How to use Visco Gel Toe Cushion?
- With the wide end pointing toward the big toe and the flat side facing the floor, position cushion under the little toes
- Slip toe loop over second or third toe
- Pull on hosiery carefully and readjust as needed
Caring Instructions For Hammer Toe Cushion
- Hand wash
- Air dry completely before reuse
- Sprinkle with powder if gel becomes tacky
- If you have diabetes or poor circulation, consult your physician before using
- If numbness, discoloration, irritation or additional pain occurs, discontinue use
- Do not use over broken or inflamed skin
- Remove for at least 4 hours daily
- If symptoms persist, visit a foot specialist
FAQs About Visco Gel Hammer Toe Cushion
Do hammer toe cushions work?
They can prevent your hammer toe from getting worse because they help counteract the muscle-tendon imbalance that caused the hammer toe in the first place. If you have a hammer toe, wearing custom orthotics can reduce foot pain and prevent your hammer toe from getting worse over time.
How do you straighten hammer toes?
Hammertoes cannot be straightened without surgery. Once the toe has started to bend, conservative treatments alone will not reverse it, but can only slow its progression.
Can hammertoes cause balance problems?
The discomfort caused by a hammertoe can contribute to imbalance and potential falls, especially as you age and your natural balance weakens. As your hammertoe progresses, the pain can force you to adjust or limit your activities and ultimately affect your daily life.