Walker Boot Features
- Inner bootie prevents foot from migrating on the insole.
- offloading Boot provides a safe environment for the simultaneous use of wound care material.
- Enables easy access and re-fitting during wound care.
- Shock absorption at the heel.
- Designed around ossur unique active offloading insole.
- Integrated pre-inflated pneumatic system.
Ossur Post Op Walking Boot User Guide
Post Op Walker Instruction for use
OffLoading Boot Parts
- Walker Frame (A)
- Contact Closure Leg Strap #1 (B)
- Contact Closure Leg Strap #2 (C)
- Contact Closure Leg Strap #3 (D)
- Contact Closure Leg Strap #4 (E)
- Contact Closure Leg Strap #5 (F)
- Vertical Strut (G)
- Softgood with Preinflated Air Bladder (H)
- Inner Bootie (I)
- DH Offloading Insole, with Hexplugs (J)
- Strut Release Strips (K)
Fitting Instructions For Ossur Post Op Shoe
- Release contact closure straps #1, #2 and #5. Remove contact closure straps #3 and #4. Remove softgood. Do not remove the strut release strips at this time.
- Place lower leg and foot inside softgood. Close the inner bootie snugly using the contact closures.
- Close softgood snugly over the inner bootie using the contact closures on the softgood.
- Insert the foot into the walker frame by gently spreading the vertical struts. Do not remove the strut release strips at this time.
- Be sure the vertical struts are centered over the malleoli (ankle bone). Be sure the ankle is centered between the vertical struts.
- Remove the strut release strips by pulling upward. This allows the softgood to be secured into position.
- Remove foot from the walker. Cover wound with material such as a transparent film dressing, tape, gauze, etc. Mark material with a transferable mark using iodine, lipstick, indelible ink pencil, etc.
- Place foot inside the walker. Ensure the proper location of the patient’s foot before transferring the mark to Insole’s surface. Fasten walker softgood. Bear weight to ensure transfer of relief zone mark. After the patient returns to a seated position, remove the walker from the foot.
- Remove marked Hexplugs from the insole.
- Caution: This product should not be used, if the relieved area is too large and inhibits pressure relief by allowing the ulcer or wound to bottom out.
- Scythe the edges of Hexplugs surrounding the relief zone with a cutting tool such as a scalpel or scissors.
- Tip: To provide additional support, a transparent film dressing can be placed over the relief zone, or, a low-density foam can be used as filler inside the relief zone, no more than ½” (1 cm) thick.
- Reinsert foot into a walker and secure the contact closures on the inner bootie and softgood. Fasten straps in the following order: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5.
- Caution: Do not pull straps too tightly as they can cause pain discomfort and /or lack of circulation.
What to buy with Offloading Walker Boots
More About Walker Boot
- Remove the entire insole from the offloading boot. Do not remove any additional hexplugs.
- Rinse the insole with 86F (30°C) warm water. Do not use a washing machine. do not use alcohol or solvents to clean.
- The insole should be air dried. To speed up the drying process, a hair dryer may be used at the lowest temperature setting. Do not remove any additional hexplugs when drying. do not use a drying machine.
- Once the insole is fully dried it can be reinserted into the walker. Follow step 11, fitting instructions, to continue use. The appropriate instructions for use should always be followed when reinserting the DH Offloading Insole.
- To clean the Equalizer walker frame, use a damp cloth and mild soap, and 86F (30°C) warm water. Hand or air dry only.
- When prescribed, the softgood may be removed for hand washing, with 86F (30°C) warm water and mild soap. Air dry only.
||Men Shoe Size
||Women Shoe Size
||2 - 4
||3.5 - 5.5
||4.5 - 7
||6 - 8
||7.5 - 10.5
||8.5 - 11.5
||10.5 - 12.5
||11.5 - 13.5
6 months limited warranty
Ossur warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty does not apply if this product (1) was not purchased from Ossur or its authorized dealer, (2) has been altered in a way, or (3) has not been used in accordance with Ossur's Instructions for Use (IFU). This Limited Warranty does not cover damage due to accidents, neglect, misuse, or operation beyond capacity, parts damaged by improper installation, substitution or parts not approved by Ossur, or any other alteration or repair by others that, in Ossur's judgment, materially or adversely affects the product or part.
The duration of this Limited Warranty varies by product but is effective from the date of delivery to the purchaser. Ossur's sole obligation under this Limited Warranty is to either repair or replace the product at no charge or to credit purchaser's account for the value of the defective product at Ossur's sole discretion.
Use of this product is not a guarantee against injury.
User should consult with his/her health care provider immediately if user experiences any kind of adverse medical reaction following use of this product. User should consult with his/her health care professional with any questions as to how this product applies to user's specific medical condition. If user does not agree to the above conditions, he/she should contact his/her health care professional before using this product.
Ossur disclaims and excludes any other express or implied warranties not set forth in this Limited Warranty, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This Limited Warranty excludes liability for any personal injury, property damage, or special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of, related, or incident to use the product, even if Ossur has been advised of the possibility of such potential loss or damage, unless state law otherwise precludes this exclusion.