Features of Nasacort Allergy Spray
- Nasacort Nasal Spray relieves sneezing, runny nose, and itchy nose
- For ages 2 and older
- First over-the-counter (OTC) nasal spray indicated to relieve nasal allergy symptoms
- Prescription-strength relief
- Works against ragweed, the #1 trigger of fall allergies
- Fight off congestion: Get 24-hour, non-drowsy nasal allergy congestion relief
- Enjoy the outdoors: Keep seasonal nasal allergies, ragweed, and hay fever out of your way
- Hug your furry friends: Relieves pet nasal allergy symptoms, including dog and cat allergies
What are the ingredients of Nasacort Allergy Relief Nasal Spray?
- Active ingredient (in each spray): Triamcinolone acetonide 55 mcg (glucocorticoid)
- Purpose: allergy symptom reliever
- Inactive ingredients:
- Benzalkonium chloride
- Carboxymethylcellulose sodium
- Edetate disodium
- Hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide (for pH adjustment)
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Polysorbate 80
- Purified water
What to buy with Nasacort Spray
How to use Nasacort Nose Spray?
Start with getting the bottle ready:
Before first use, a new bottle must be primed.
- Remove cap.
- Shake bottle.
- Press and release spray nozzle until a fine mist is produced. Take care not to spray in the face.
Repeat these steps if not used for more than two weeks.
Using the spray:
Blow your nose to clear the nostrils. Remove the cap. Shake and then hold the bottle with your thumb underneath the bottle, and the spray nozzle between your fingers.
Press your finger against the outside of your nose to close off one nostril.
Place the tip of the spray nozzle into the other nostril and aim toward the back of your nose. The nozzle should not reach far into the nose. Do not spray toward the nasal septum (the wall between your two nostrils).
Spray into the nostril while sniffing gently, and then repeat for the other side. Wipe nozzle with a tissue after use. Replace the cap by pressing it down over the spray nozzle.
How to clean Nasacort Nasal Allergy Spray?
- Gently pull the spray nozzle away from the bottle.
- Rinse the spray nozzle only under warm water.
- Shake or tap to remove excess water.
- Re-attach the spray nozzle to the bottle.
- Press and release the spray nozzle until a fine spray is produced, taking care not to spray in the face.
Warnings and safety information:
- Do not use:
- in children under 2 years of age
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients
- Ask a doctor before use if you:
- have had recent nose ulcers or nose surgery
- have had a nose injury that has not healed
- are using a steroid medicine for asthma, allergies, or skin rash
- have an eye infection
- have or had glaucoma or cataracts
- When using this product:
- the growth rate of some children may be slower; symptoms may get better on the first day of treatment. It may take up to one week of daily use to feel the most symptom relief.
- do not share this bottle with anyone else, as this may spread germs
- remember to tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including this one
- Stop using and ask a doctor if:
- you have or come into contact with someone who has chickenpox, measles, or tuberculosis
- you have or develop symptoms of an infection, such as a persistent fever
- you have any change in vision
- you have severe or frequent nosebleeds
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of an overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- Other information:
- do not use if sealed package is torn or opened
- keep package and insert. They contain important information.
- store between 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
Nasacort 24HR Allergy Nasal Spray FAQ
Does Nasacort start working on the first day?
Some symptoms may get better on the first day of treatment. Getting the most symptom relief may take up to one week of daily use.
What type of nasal allergy symptoms does Nasacort relieve?
Nasacort is non-drowsy and provides 24-hour relief of nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and itchy nose.
How many times a day do I have to use Nasacort?
Nasacort should be used one time per day. Use only as directed, and please read the product label and insert for complete dosing instructions and warnings.
Is Nasacort safe to use every day?
Yes. Nasacort is safe to use every day. Use only as directed, and please read the product label and insert for complete dosing instructions and warnings.
Is Nasacort safe to use with blood pressure medicines?
Yes. Nasacort is safe to use with blood pressure medicines. Use only as directed, and please read the product label and insert for complete dosing instructions and warnings. Please consult your doctor with any additional questions or concerns that you may have.
Nasacort Nasal Spray for Allergies Reviews