Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler V1200 Features
- Provides vapor therapy for symptomatic relief of cough, cold and congestion
- Adds water vapor to the individual user, enabling the user to breathe better and sleep more comfortably
- Variable steam control adjusts the steam level and temperature, allowing more comfortable and natural breathing
- Patented soft plastic hood fits facial contour comfortably and allows cool air to mix with the steam
- Compact design allows it to be taken anywhere the user goes, even when traveling overseas
- For travel, the Vicks allergy relief personal inhaler has a dual voltage feature which automatically adjusts to the electrical supply from 120 volts to the 240 volt current found in many countries
- Dual scent pad slots for Vicks soothing vapors
- Use with Vicks VapoPads for soothing menthol scent
Vicks Steam Inhaler V1200 Benefits
- Controlled vapor relief
- Simple 5-15 minute treatment
- Soft, comfortable, flexible mask
- Compact and lightweight
- Color: white
What to buy with Kaz Personal Steam Inhaler
How to use Vicks Personal Sinus Steam Inhaler?
- Fully unravel cord. Failure to do so could cause overheating and possible fire hazards. Do not use extension cords. Place inhaler on a flat, stable surface for use.
- Remove Inhaler Hood.
- Turn the Vent Assembly counterclockwise until the Index Line is aligned with the Arrow on the top of the Base (just above the Switch). Note how the Tabs align with the slots in the Base. Lift the Vent Assembly straight up to remove it.
- Using tap water, fill the Water Reservoir just below the cup rim. Do not overfill. Use with water only. Do not add any medication or inhalant liquids, such as Vicks VapoSteam or Kaz Inhalant, to the water reservoir. An unsafe condition may result if anything is added to the water.
- Replace the Vent Assembly. Align the Index Line with the raised Arrow on the Base. Be sure the Tabs align with the slots on the top of the Base, then turn the Vent Assembly clockwise until it locks into place.
- Replace Inhaler Hood.
- Connect cord to electrical outlet. Do not use an extension cord. Press the On/Off Switch to the ON position. The Indicator Light will illuminate.
- The Steam Inhaler will take approximately 3-5 minutes to begin making steam. Use caution, the water reservoir and water will become extremely hot.
- Move the Flow Levers counterclockwise for minimum steam flow. Place your face in the hood as pictured on the cover page. Do not rest your face on the Inhaler Hood because the soft plastic may bend, allowing steam to escape or causing the Inhaler to tip over and spill boiling water. Breathe normally through your nose and mouth, inhaling steam into your nasal and throat passages. Continue treatment for five to fifteen minutes.
- When vapor therapy treatment is completed, move the On/Off switch to the OFF position. The lamp will go out. Disconnect plug from the electrical outlet. Allow the Steam Inhaler to cool before moving or refilling it (see Care and Cleaning section). Do not operate Steam Inhaler when empty.
How to Regulate Steam Flow and Temperature?
The Steam Inhaler features a patented adjustable Vent Assembly which allows you to use either of the Flow Levers to control the amount of steam you inhale as well as regulate temperature.
- For more steam:
- Move either Vent Lever clockwise toward the “HI” setting. More steam will increase the temperature; this setting will thus feel hotter.
- For less steam:
- Move either Vent Lever counterclockwise for lower steam flow and temperature.
- If the steam is still uncomfortably warm, lift your face one or two inches above the Inhaler Hood and continue to inhale.
How to clean Vicks Electric Steam Inhaler?
Always disconnect the plug from the electrical outlet and let the Steam Inhaler cool down for at least 20 minutes before cleaning.
After each use of Vicks Electric Steam Inhaler
- Remove Inhaler Hood and Vent Assembly and wipe dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- If any water is left in the Water Reservoir, pour water out and wipe Reservoir and Base with a dry, clean cloth or paper towel. Never immerse the Base in water or other liquid.
- Replace Vent Assembly and Inhaler Hood; store in a cool dry place.
Weekly Maintenance of Kaz Vicks V1200
If your Steam Inhaler is used ten or more times a week or scale builds up in the Water Reservoir, follow these additional cleaning instructions:
- Remove Inhaler Hood and Vent Assembly.
- Pour two ounces of undiluted white vinegar into the Water Reservoir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Empty the white vinegar and rinse out Water Reservoir with fresh, clean tap water.
- Dry the Water Reservoir and Base with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Wash Inhaler Hood with mild soap and warm water then carefully rinse off all soap with fresh, clean tap water.
- Dry the Inhaler Hood with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Replace Vent Assembly and Inhaler Hood. Store in a cool, dry place.
After Long Periods of Non-Use of Vicks Inhaler
If you haven’t used your electric steam inhaler for two weeks or longer, follow the Weekly Maintenance Instructions before the next use.
User Manual of Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler
Precuations while using Vicks Steam Inhaler
- The appliance should always be placed on a firm, flat waterproof surface. Be sure the appliance is in a stable position and the power cord is out of the way to prevent the unit from being tipped over
- The appliance should not be left unattended. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use the appliance while bathing.
- Do not immerse in water or any other liquid. Do not overfill.
- Never move the appliance while in use. It can spill hot water if tilted or upset causing injury.
- Do not use appliances while sleepy or drowsy.
- Do not use in areas where aerosol products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Before using the appliance, extend the cord and inspect for any signs of damage. Do not use is the unit if the cord has been damaged.
- The appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other) as a safety feature. This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- To avoid fire or shock hazards, plug the appliance directly into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
- The appliance should always be unplugged and emptied when not in operation or while being cleaned. Shut off and unplug the appliance before moving. Do not move or tilt while in operation. Plug and unplug unit with dry hands. Never pull by the cord to unplug.
- Do not operate the appliance without water. Turn off and unplug when the unit is empty.
Vicks V1200 Warranty
Vicks personal electric inhaler has a 1 year limited warranty.
Review of Kaz Vicks Inhaler