Features of Mepilex Border Lite Self Adherent Foam Dressing
- Mepilex Bordered Foam Dressing is conformable enough to dress wounds on hands, fingers, feet and toes
- Showerproof film provides a barrier against bacteria and virus greater than 25nm
- Thin and discrete design of meplix dressing lets the user live a normal life
- Atraumatic to the wound and surrounding skin on removal
- Bordered foam dressing seals around the wound margins to reduce the risk of maceration
- Repositions without losing its adherent properties
- Leaves no residue in the wound or on the surrounding skin and produces less odor
- Self adherent foam dressing does not stick to the wound bed but adheres very gently to the skin surrounding wound
- Mepilex bordered foam dressing is ideal for those locations which need a thin self-adherent dressing
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Sterilized by ethylene oxide
- Molnlycke dressing comes individually wrapped in paper or plastic laminated peel pouches
Construction of Molnlycke Mepilex Border Lite Dressing
- Safetac Wound-Contact Layer:
- Self-adherent soft silicone layer
- Does not adhere to the moist wound bed
- Adheres gently to the surrounding skin
- mepilex border lite foam dressings Minimizes trauma and pain on removal
- Two-Layer Absorbent Pad:
- Absorbs exudate
- Contains two components, a thin polyurethane foam sheet and a piece of non-woven fabric behind it
- Multi-layered structure prevents leakage and optimizes fluid handling
- Held in place by silicone adhesive layer that reaches up to the outer margins of the dressing
- Located in the center on a larger piece of polyurethane film
- Maintains integrity
- Conforms to body contours
- Outer film backing with dynamic permeability:
- Maintains a moist wound environment
- Bacteria-proof, viral proof and waterproof
Mepilex Safetac Technology:
Safetac is a patented soft silicone adhesive technology. Dressings using Safetac technology are atraumatic both during wear and on removal. These dressings minimize trauma to the wound and the surrounding skin. Safetac technology also helps prevent maceration by sealing around the margin of the wound to protect the peri-wound skin.
What to buy with Molnlycke Mepilex Border Foam Dressing
When to use Mepilex Border Foam Dressings?
- Pressure Ulcers, leg and foot ulcers
- Wounds in areas, such as the feet, toes, hands, fingers
- Radiation skin reactions
- Partial Thickness burns
- Epidermolysis Bullosa
- To maintain a moist wound environment – giving the wound optimal conditions to heal
- Mepilex border lite foam dressings are ideal for use in conjunction with hydrogels and under compression bandaging
- Suitable for pediatric applications
- Red granulated wound
- Low exudation
- Painful wound
- Sutured wound
- Superficial wound
- Fragile skin
- Traumatic wound
- Bordered foam dressings
- Absorbent dressings
How to use Molnlycke Mepilex Border Lite Self Adherent Foam Dressing?
- Gently cleanse the wound
- Thoroughly dry the surrounding skin as the dressing will not stick to a moist surface
- Choose a mepilex border lite dressing that will allow the dressing to overlap the wound area by 1 to 2 cm
- Cut Mepilex Foam Dressing to the desired size if required
- Remove the release film from one side and apply dressing to the side of the wound. Remember not to stretch the dressing.
- Remove the remaining portion of release film and smooth the dressing in place. If there is a need for extra fixation, apply it only around the margins of the dressing. For best results, the size of the wound pad should overlap the wound.
When to change Mepilex Border Lite Dressing?
- Mepilex border lite dressing change interval is determined by the amount of wound exudate.
- Mepilex Border Lite Self Adherent Foam Dressing can stay in place for up to seven days. This depends on the wound condition and amount of exudate.
Safety Precautions to take while using Mepilex Border Dressing
- Molnlycke Mepilex Dressing should not be used with oxidizing agents
- Should be stored in dry conditions below 35 degrees C (95 degrees F)
- It should be protected from direct sunlight
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a healthcare professional for adequate infection treatment
- Do not use if inner package is damaged as sterility is assured only if inner package is intact
- Do not re-sterilize
- It can be used in the presence of clinical infection if appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided
- There may be an apparent increase in wound size during the first days of treatment due to the moist healing environment
- Increase in size at first is normal and to be expected
FAQs About Mepilex Border Lite Dressing
Is Mepilex Border Lite Foam Dressing waterproof?
Yes Mepilex Border Dressing is waterproof.
When is it ideal to use mepilex border dressing?
Mepilex Border Foam Dressing is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as pressure injuries, leg and foot ulcers, and traumatic wounds such as skin tears and surgical wounds.
How does Mepilex Border Self-Adherent Dressing work?
Mepilex Border Sacrum effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment for optimal healing.
Can you wear Mepilex Border Foam Dressing in the shower?
Yes, the patients can wear mepilex border lite foam dressings in the shower.
How to apply mepilex Border Lite?
Apply the sticky side of the wound pad to the wound, leaving at least a half-inch overlap of the wound pad to the surrounding skin all the way around the wound.
Mepilex Border Lite Specifications
||Size (in Inch)
||1.6" x 2"
||2" x 5"
||3" x 3"
||4" x 4"
||6" x 6"
Mepilex Border Lite Dressing Reviews