Features of Mepilex Border Lite Self Adherent Dressing
- Conformable enough to dress wounds on hands, fingers, feet and toes
- The showerproof film provides a barrier against bacteria and viruses greater than 25nm
- The thin and discrete design of Mepilex Border Lite lets the user live a normal life
- Atraumatic to the wound and surrounding skin on removal
- Bordered thin foam dressing with Safetac technology seals around the wound margins to reduce the risk of maceration
- Repositions without losing their adherent properties
- Leaves no residue in the wound or on the surrounding skin and produces less odor
- Self-adherent foam dressing does not stick to the wound bed but adheres very gently to the skin surrounding the wound
- Ideal for those locations that need a thin self-adherent dressing
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Sterilized by ethylene oxide
- It comes individually wrapped in paper or plastic laminated peel pouches
Mepilex Safetac Technology:
Safetac is a patented soft silicone adhesive technology. Dressings using Safetac technology are atraumatic both during wear and on removal. These dressings minimize trauma to the wound and the surrounding skin. Safetac technology also helps prevent maceration by sealing around the margin of the wound to protect the peri-wound skin.
When to use this foam dressing?
- Pressure Ulcers, leg and foot ulcers
- Wounds in areas, such as the feet, toes, hands, fingers
- Radiation skin reactions
- Partial Thickness burns
- Epidermolysis Bullosa
- To maintain a moist wound environment – create an optimal healing environment
- Conjunction with hydrogels and under-compression bandaging
- Suitable for pediatric applications
- Red granulated wound
- Low exudation
- Painful wound
- Sutured wound
- Superficial wound
- Fragile skin
- Traumatic wound
- Bordered foam dressings
- Absorbent dressings
Construction of Mepilex Lite Foam Dressing
- Safetac Wound-Contact Layer:
- Self-adherent soft silicone layer
- Does not adhere to the moist wound bed
- Adheres gently to the surrounding skin
- Minimize trauma and pain on removal
- Two-Layer Absorbent Pad:
- Absorbs exudate
- Contains two components, a thin polyurethane foam sheet and a piece of non-woven fabric behind it
- Multi-layered structure prevents leakage and optimizes fluid handling
- Held in place by a silicone adhesive layer that reaches up to the outer margins of the dressing
- Located in the center of a larger piece of polyurethane film
- Maintains integrity
- Conforms to body contours
- Outer film backing with dynamic permeability:
- Maintains a moist wound environment
- Bacteria-proof, viral proof and waterproof
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Mepilex Border Lite All-in-one Foam Dressing?
- Gently cleanse the wound
- Thoroughly dry the surrounding skin as the dressing will not stick to a moist surface
- Choose a dressing that will allow the dressing to overlap the wound area by 1 to 2 cm
- Mepilex border sizes can be adjusted, by cutting into the desired size if required
- Remove the release film from one side and apply the dressing to the side of the wound. Remember not to stretch the dressing.
- Remove the remaining portion of the release film and smooth the dressing in place. If there is a need for extra fixation, apply it only around the margins of the dressing. For best results, the size of the wound pad should overlap the wound.
When to change?
- Change interval is determined by the amount of wound exudate.
- It can stay in place for up to seven days. This depends on the wound condition and the amount of exudate.
- It should not be used with oxidizing agents
- Should be stored in dry conditions below 35 degrees C (95 degrees F)
- It should be protected from direct sunlight
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a healthcare professional for adequate infection treatment
- Do not use if the inner package is damaged as sterility is assured only if the inner package is intact
- Do not re-sterilize
- It can be used in the presence of clinical infection if appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided
- There may be an apparent increase in wound size during the first days of treatment due to the moist healing environment
- An increase in size at first is normal and to be expected
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mepilex border lite 1.6 x 2 dressing waterproof?
Yes, it is waterproof.
When is it ideal to use Mepilex border dressing?
It is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as pressure injuries, leg and foot ulcers, and traumatic wounds such as skin tears and surgical wounds.
How does dressing work?
Mepilex border sacrum effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment for optimal healing.
Can you wear foam dressing in the shower?
Yes, the patients can wear it in the shower.
How to apply Mepilex border lite foam dressing?
Apply the sticky side of the wound pad to the wound, leaving at least a half-inch overlap of the wound pad to the surrounding skin all the way around the wound.
Mepilex Border Lite Foam Dressing Specification
||Size (in Inch)
||1.6" x 2"
||2" x 5"
||3" x 3"
||4" x 4"
||6" x 6"
Mepilex Border Lite Foam Dressing Review