Features of Mepilex Heel Absorbent Foam Dressing
- Gentle adherence with better comfort and conformability
- Polyurethane foam pad of Mepilex Dressing effectively absorbs exudate
- Polyurethane backing film is breathable and moisture, viral and bacteria proof
- Stays in place allowing easy application of compression or retention bandages
- Can be easily cut for customization
- May remain in place for up to 7 days depending on the wound condition
- May be adjusted without losing the adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Can be used under compression
When to use Mepilex Foam Heel Dressing?
Mepilex Heel foam dressing is designed for a wide range of medium to highly exuding wounds including:
- Exuding wounds on the heel or malleolus
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Low exudation
- Low to medium exudation
- Painful wound
Mepilex Safetac Technology
The Safetac technology adhesive makes the removal of Mepilex Heel pain and trauma-free to the wound or surrounding skin. It also prevents the dressing from sticking to the wound bed but allows it to gently adhere to the surrounding skin, allowing easy application of secondary fixation. Safetac technology seals the wound margins, preventing the exudate leakage onto the surrounding skin, thus reducing the risk of maceration.
What to buy with Mepilex Absorbent Foam Heel Dressing
How to use Mepilex Heel Foam Dressing?
- Clean the wound area. Cut for customization, if desired. Remove the larger release film.
- Fix the dressing under the foot. Remove the shorter release film. Mold the dressing around the heel and bring edges together. Mepilex Heel foam dressing should overlap the wound bed by at least 2 cm onto the surrounding skin.
- Hold the dressing securely in place with a light bandage or other dressing retention method like Tubigrip, Tubifast, etc.
Precautions to take While Using Mepilex Hell Dressing
- Mepilex Heel foam wound dressing should not be used with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.
- It should be stored in dry conditions below 35 degrees C (95 degrees F) and be protected from direct sunlight.
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a healthcare professional for adequate infection treatment.
- Do not use if inner package is damaged. Sterility is guaranteed if inner package is intact. Do not resterilize.