Features of Mefix Fabric Adhesive Tape
- Self-adhesive dressing tape adapts well to body contours
- Mefix tape fabric is flexible and allows body movements when in place
- Pre-measured protection paper for convenient measurement and cutting
- Air-permeable medical tapes prevent maceration and give better comfort
- Stretchable, conformable fabric backing provides a barrier to blood and fluid
- The dressing tape may be applied over flexing areas such as the neck, elbows, knees
- Optimizes performance of absorbent wound dressings
- Molnlycke dressing tape can easily be cut to the desired shape and size
- The fabric of Mefix is non-absorbent
- Provides a barrier for blood and fluid strike-through
Why choose Mefix Dressing Retention tape?
Mefix Dressing Retention Tape is made of a porous, polyester elastic non-woven coated with a skin friendly polyacrylate adhesive providing secure fixation. An easy-to-remove, pre-measured release liner, protects it.
- Easy-to-remove pre-measured release paper promotes cost efficiencies while minimizing risk of cross contamination
- Perforated split in protection paper for application flexibility
- Skin friendly water-based, latex & solvent-free polyacrylate adhesive
- Soft, conformable, non-absorbent, non-woven fabric made of spunlace polyester
What to buy with Mefix Tape
What are the benefits of Mefix Technology?
The porous structure of the nonwoven fabric ensures air and water vapor permeability. Mefix is stretchable, conforms well to body contours and allows body movements when in place. The fabric is non-absorbent and provides a barrier to blood and fluid. The polyacrylate adhesive has been designed to be gentle to the skin and provide secure fixation. The easy-to-remove protection paper is pre-measured in 4" intervals and has a perforated split for easy removal and application. Mefix may be easily cut to the desired shape and size.
How to use Mefix Tape?
- Cut Mefix tape to the desired length. The two parts of the protection paper are separated.
- Gently “tug” from side to side to break the perforations on the release paper. Remove the narrow part to expose the adhesive surface.
- Apply the part with the exposed adhesive to the skin. Remove the remaining release paper and gently smooth it in place.
Note: If required, Mefix can be applied lengthwise over the dressing, peeling away the release paper in a strip. To apply this manner, do not break the perforation in the release paper. Instead, pull the release paper back 3-5 cm from the top, fixate to the skin above the dressing, and gently apply Mefix lengthwise over the dressing.
- To prevent shearing, care should be taken to ensure that Mefix is not applied under tension.
- This is particularly important when applied over joints.
Mefix Tape Brochure