MIC KEY Feeding Tube Extension Set Features
- Recessed distal tip design
- Proximal anti-reflux valve
- Secur-Lok extension set connector mechanism
- Radiopaque stripe
- Medical-grade silicone construction
- Natural rubber, latex-free
- Has limited interference with clothing
- Low-profile design
When to use MIC KEY Gastrostomy Feeding Tube?
The MIC-KEY* Low-Profile Gastrostomy Feeding Tube is indicated for use in patients who require:
- Long-term feeding
- Those unable to tolerate oral feeding
- Who are at low risk for aspiration
- Require gastric decompression
- Need medication delivery directly into the stomach
What to buy with G Tube Extension Set
How to measure Mic-Key Stoma length?
Selection of the correct size MIC-KEY is critical for the safety and comfort of the patient. Measure the length of the patient’s stoma with the Stoma Measuring Device. The shaft length of the MIC-KEY selected should be the same as the length of the stoma. An inappropriately sized MIC-KEY can cause necrosis, buried bumper syndrome, and/or hyper granulation tissue.
- Lubricate the tip of the Stoma Measuring Device with water-soluble lubricant. Caution: Do not use mineral oil. Do not use petroleum jelly.
- Advance the Stoma Measuring Device over the guidewire, through the stoma, and into the stomach. Caution: Do not use force.
- Fill the Luer slip syringe with 5 ml of water and attach to the balloon valve. Depress the syringe plunger and inflate the balloon.
- Gently pull the device toward the abdomen until the balloon rests against the inside of the stomach wall.
- Slide the plastic disc down to the abdomen and record the measurement above the disc.
- Add 4–5 mm to the recorded measurement to ensure the proper stoma length and fit in any position. Record the measurement.
- Using a Luer slip syringe, remove the water in the balloon.
- Remove the stoma measuring device.
- Document the date, lot number, and measured centimeter shaft length
Mic Key Feeding Tube Extension Set User Manual
MIC KEY Button G Tube Extension Reviews