Medline Urine Bag With Anti Reflux Tower Features
- Medline Catheter Bags have clear one-way mylar valve for visualization of urine flow
- Anti-reflux valve flap system minimizes the backflow of urine into the drainage tube
- Non-wettable air filter helps prevent vacuum action and facilitate drainage
- Comes with a metal clamp or slide-tap drainage port for easy one-handed drainage
- 2,000 mL capacity for standard use and 4,000 mL capacity for use with continuous bladder irrigation
What to buy with Urine Bags
How to use Medline Drainage Bag?
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Thereafter, remove the protective cap from the Medline Drainage Bag and check the drainage spout to make sure it is closed
- Using an alcohol-saturated pad or material, clean the connector end of the tubing and the catheter end. Attach the catheter to the drain bag tubing connector
- Discard any packaging, alcohol pads, etc.
- Wash hands again with soap and water
How to empty this Bladder Bag?
Empty your catheter bag frequently, not allowing it to become more than approximately half full. Remember, as it fills up, it gets heavier and may tug on the catheter or become difficult to manage.
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Keep the Drainage Bag below your bladder as you empty it
- Hold the bag over the toilet or container. Open the drainage spout and empty the urine from the bag
- Do not let the bag touch the rim of the toilet or container. With an alcohol-saturated pad or material, clean the drainage spout and close it tightly.
- Wash your hands with soap and water
How to clean it?
Mix Cleaning Solution -
Either 2 parts white vinegar and 3 parts water or 1 tablespoon chlorine bleach and 1/2 cup water.
- Empty the bag of urine, and then close the drainage spout
- Place tubing under the faucet, putting warm water into the bag
- Wash hands with soap and water using an alcohol-saturated pad or material, and clean the connector end of the tubing and the catheter end. Attach the catheter to the drain bag tubing connector
- Swish it around for 10 seconds, and then empty it through the drainage spout. Close the spout
- Pour the cleaning solution into the bag. Put the protective cap on the connector
- Swish the solution around for 30 seconds, and then let it sit in the bag for 20 minutes. Empty through the drainage spout.
- Keep the spout open and pointed down. Hang the bag to dry until switching bags again
- Remember to close the spout when attaching it to the catheter
The drainage bag, when switched daily, should last for approximately one month. Discard and replace bags earlier if they become discolored, or brittle or if they smell even after cleaning.
Medline Urinary Drainage Bag User Guide
FAQs About Drainage Bag by Medline
1. What is the use of an anti-reflux tower in urine bags?
The Antireflux tower in the catheter urine bag improves urine flow and provides reflux control. It prevents urine backflow into the tube.
2. How often one should change the urine drainage bag?
- The Medline urinary drainage bag should be changed whenever you disconnect the drainage bag from the catheter.
- If the urine bag is damaged, leaking, discolored, or a bad odor remains after cleaning the bag.
3. What are the uses of Medline Catheter Bags?
They are designed as urine collection bags and are mostly used for incontinence patients. This bag is attached to the catheter that is placed inside your bladder.
Click here for more FAQ's of Medline Urinary Drain Bag With Anti Reflux Tower
Reviews of Drain Bags by Medline