Features of Medline Transport Wheelchair
- Permanent armrests (Restaurant-Style) let the user sit closer to tables and desks
- Swing-away leg rests for easier in/out
- Transport Wheelchair has a compact design plus convenient carrying handles on the seat for portability
- Made of high-grade aluminum; 300-lb. weight capacity
- 6-inch front casters and 8-inch rear wheels for smooth rolling
- Medline Transport Wheelchairs Dimension - 24.5" W x 37.5" H
- Wheelchair with comfortable nylon upholstery - 19" W x16" D x 19" H
What does it include?
Medline Ultralight Transport Wheelchair comes with the following parts:
- A - Cup Holder
- B - Chair Frame with Wheels Attached
- C - 2 Detachable Footrests
When to use?
- To be transported somewhere for short amounts of time.
- To take day trips.
- To sit closer to the table or desk.
Medline Transport Chair User Manual
What to buy with Transport Chairs
How to use Medline Lightweight Transport Wheelchair?
To Open the Wheelchair
- With the seat in an upright position, place hands on either side of the arms of the chair and gently pull outward.
- As the chair begins to open, press down firmly on the outer edges of the seat with both hands, fingers flat.
To Install the Footrests
- Engage the rear wheel locks by pushing the black toggle forward.
- Locate the two small silver pins on the chair above the front wheels.
- Locate the two pre-drilled holes on the footrest.
- Slide the footrest openings over the silver pins, and place them down.
- Pull the footrest to the front of the chair until it locks into place.
- Fold the footplate down to use.
- Repeat these steps on the other side.
Installing the Cup Holder
- Unscrew the black plastic knob from the cup by turning it counterclockwise. Set aside.
- Remove the clip.
- Place the clip approximately 0.25” (0.6 cm) higher than the base of the chair arm. With the screw holes facing away from the chair, push the clip forward until it snaps into place.
- Insert the cup screw through the pre-drilled holes.
- Reattach the black plastic knob to the end of the screw and rotate clockwise to secure the holder to the chair.
How to close and fold the Transport Chair?
- Fold the footrest plates to a vertical position, pull them back, and snap them into the Stow-N-Go holders on the side of the chair.
- Turn the front wheels back. Unlock the back wheels.
- Find the black release tabs on each side of the chair's back canes and pull them down. The seat back will collapse.
- Using both hands, grasp the two fabric handles on the seat upholstery and pull up.
- Now grasp the arms of the chair and push inward until it collapses further.
- The chair folds down for easy storage and transport.
FAQs About Medline Transport Chair
1. What is the weight of the Medline ultralight transport wheelchair?
This durable transport chair weighs less than 15 lb.
2. What is the weight limit of a Medline transport wheelchair?
It has a weight capacity of 300 lb. (136 kg)
3. Are transport wheelchairs hard to push?
Transport wheelchairs are also conveniently easy to push wheelchairs since they come with small wheels. It effectively pushes the user without exerting too much energy with each push.
4. Can you push yourself using a transport chair?
The primary difference is that in a standard wheelchair, you can propel yourself, while a transport chair requires another person to push it from behind.
Medline Ultralight Transport Wheelchair Specifications
|| Desk Length
|| 19 "
|| 6 "
|LEG REST STYLE
|| Swing Away
|| 37.5 "
|| 24.5 "
|OVERALL WIDTH INCHES
|| Transport Wheelchair
|| 15 lb
|QUICK RELEASE AXLES
|REAR WHEEL SIZE
|| 8 "
|| 16 "
|| 19 "
|SEAT TO FLOOR HEIGHT
|| 300 lb.
Medline Transport Chair Reviews