Silvertouch Silicone Foley Catheters Benefits
- Offers patient and caregiver safety
- Patented process that permanently binds silver ions to the catheters inner and outer surface
- Completely inert, so it poses no risk of allergic reaction to latex
- Pure ionic silver - powerful antimicrobial protection against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, as well as fungi
- Bonded lubricious hydrophilic coating - hydrates rapidly and improves patient comfort over time
- Best way to reduce the morbidity, mortality, and associated costs of catheter-associated UTI is to prevent or minimize bacteria
- Coating is covalently bonded to the silicone catheter surface and will not peel, flake, or crack
Medline Silvertouch Two-Way 100% Silicone Patient Guide
What to buy with Medline 100% Silicone Catheter
What are the Causes of Urinary Tract Infection?
- It occurs when bacteria gets into your bladder or kidneys, causing symptoms such as painful urination, more frequent urination, lower abdominal pain or pressure, blood in your urine, or fever
- Because you empty your bladder by intermittent catheterization, you are more likely to get bacteria enter in your urinary tract.
- When a catheter is passed through the urethra, it can pick up bacteria from the skin and push it into the bladder where it can grow and multiply, especially if the urine remains in the bladder for a prolonged amount of time (more than four to eight hours)
What are the Preventive measures to deal with UTI?
Although it is very difficult to prevent all urinary tract infections, a large number can be avoided by practicing good preventive measures:
- Hand hygiene remains the first and most important preventive measure. Be diligent about cleaning your hands with soap and water or alcohol - based hand cleanser before and after catheter insertion
- Empty your bladder at least once every six hours
- Drink enough fluids to keep the urine volume between 300-400 ml (about 1-1/2 cups) at each catheterization
- Avoid bubble baths
What do the experts say about Medline SilverTouch Silicone Foley Catheter?
“We initiated exclusive use of the Silvertouch Foley catheter for all of our patients requiring catheterization. We were very excited after two months of use – when we saw no catheter associated urinary tract infections in our patients using the Silvertouch. As the months progressed – we continued to see fantastic results. At the end of five months – we saw a consistent pattern of zero catheter associated urinary tract infections.”
Jackie Kassler RN, ADON
St. Vincent's Rehabiliation Hospital
Medline Silvertouch 2-Way Foley Catheter Specification
Catheter French Size
|Ballon Size (CC)
Silvertouch Foley Catheter Reviews