Features of Medline Optifoam Gentle Silicone Face and Border Dressing
- Optifoam Silicone dressing provides gentle adhesion
- Waterproof outer layer protects the wound and helps keep bacteria out
- Low friction and shear outer layer
- Allows to reposition and remove the Optifoam dressings without causing any harm to the periwound skin
- Primary or Secondary Dressing
- Latex free
- Material: Foam
Where to use Optifoam Gentle SA Dressing?
- Pressure injuries
- Leg ulcers
- Donor sites
- Shallow/Deep and moderate/heavy drainage wounds
- Partial and full thickness wounds
- Primary and secondary wounds
- 1st and 2nd degree burns
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Skin tears
What does Optifoam Gentle offer?
- Highly breathable film acts as a waterproof secure barrier to bacteria
- Super absorbent layer absorbs and retains exudate in the dressing minimizing the risk of maceration
- Transfer layer between the wicking foam layer and super absorbent layer ensures exudate is transferred to the super absorbent layer as efficiently as possible
- Foam layer initiates vertical absorption of exudate away from the wound bed into the transfer and super absorbent layers minimizing the pooling of exudate at the wound face
- Silicone adhesive minimizes trauma to the wound and reduces pain upon wear or removal
Customers Also Bought
When to use Optifoam Gentle Silicone Bordered Foam Dressing ?
- All wound depths (May be used as a secondary dressing for deep wounds)
- All wound drainage levels
- As a primary or secondary dressing
Recommended Secondary Dressings:
Optifoam Dressing Change Frequency:
- Can be worn up to 7 days
- Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage
Optifoam Gentle Foam Wound Dressing FAQ
What is a silicone border dressing?
Silicone Border Dressing is a "one-size-fits-all", soft, conformable foam dressing that adheres to the skin gently. It helps in effective fluid management. It has a silicone layer with perforations to help prevent.
How often do you change Optifoam?
Optifoam dressing may be left in place for up to seven days. The amount of drainage will determine the frequency of dressing changes.
Is Optifoam dressing waterproof?
Yes, Optifoam Gentle is a silicone adhesive bordered foam dressing with a waterproof backing.
What are the uses of Optifoam Silicone dressing?
Optifoam Adhesive is indicated for use on pressure ulcers, partial- and full-thickness wounds, leg ulcers, donor sites, lacerations and abrasions, skin tears and first- and second-degree burns.
Medline Optifoam Dressing Reviews