McKesson Reusable Hot & Cold Compress Features
- Pack remains in a soft, gel state to help ensure flexibility even when frozen
- They can be stored in the freezer until ready to use
- It assists in all stages of the healing process and helps reduce swelling, relieve pain, and increase flexibility
- Reusable design cleans easily with soap and water for convenient repeated use
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- McKesson Reusable Hot Cold Pack makes it easy to apply targeted warm or cool therapy through a built-in gel pack that is freezable and microwavable
When to use McKesson Hot and Cold Therapy Packs?
- Muscle aches, strains, and sprains
- Minor bumps
- Providing hot or cold pain relief
- Minor burns, insect bites
- Tension headaches
What to buy with McKesson Cold & Hot Pack
How to use McKesson Cold and Hot Compress Reusable Pack?
Using Cold Therapy:
- Cold therapy is recommended for the first 48 hours following an injury
- Before use, store the McKesson Ice Pack in the freezer for at least 2 hours
- To apply, insert the cold pack into the supplied cover or wrap the cloth
- Apply the cold pack to the desired area
- Remove the pack if it becomes uncomfortable
- Do not apply for longer than 20 minutes
Using Hot Therapy:
- Hot therapy should not be used until 48 hours after the injury
- The pack must be at room temperature before heating; before heating, check the pack for leaks
- If the pack is leaking, discard
- You can use either boiling water or your microwave to warm the pack
- To use water, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil
- Remove the water from the heat and place the pack in the water for no longer than 7 minutes
- Carefully remove the pack from the water and check for leaks
- Insert pack in the cover or wrap in a cloth
McKesson Reusable Hot/Cold Pack FAQ
Will a cold pack help with headaches?
Yes, a cold pack is very effective in relieving headaches as it reduces inflammation in the nerves, thereby reducing pain.
How does a cold pack reduce swelling?
Cold packs numb the affected area, reducing pain, tenderness, swelling, and inflammation.
Can hot and cold therapy be used for plantar Fasciitis?
In the case of plantar fasciitis, cold compression helps you to get inflammation and swelling down, and this will also reduce the pain level to a great extent.
Is hot and cold therapy good for back pain?
Hot and cold therapy can be helpful in back pain when hot packs and cold packs are used together. When there is a rotation between each type of temperature, the pain is likely to be reduced, lowering inflammation and loosening muscles simultaneously.