Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin Lozenge Benefits
- Helps maintain healthy homocysteine levels (a marker of cardiovascular, neurological & general health)
- Supports brain health & cognition
- Important for red blood cell production
What to buy with Life Extension Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin
Why to take Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is present in foods of animal origin, including dairy products and eggs. Vegetarians and the elderly are especially susceptible to deficiency of this important nutrient, which may be caused by low dietary intake, inadequate bioavailability or poor absorption of B12.1,2 The age-related decrease in hydrochloric acid production can also affect B12 bioavailability
To overcome obstacles to vitamin B12 absorption, the Institute of Medicine recommended in 1998 that vitamin B12-fortified foods (such as fortified ready-to-eat breakfast cereals) and supplements containing vitamin B12 be used by older adults to help meet their B12 requirement. More recent research shows that supplementing with B12, even at moderate doses, can improve both B12 and folate status in older individuals. Vitamin B12, or cobalamin, works synergistically with vitamin B6 and folate to convert homocysteine into the amino acid methionine. This helps to maintain healthy levels of homocysteine, an emerging marker of cardiovascular, neurological and general health.
Note: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Dosage and Use of Life Extension Vitamin B12
Dissolve in mouth or chew one (1) lozenge daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating