Features of Mickey Gastrostomy Feeding Tube kit
- Mickey gastrostomy feeding tube is not made with natural rubber latex and sterile
- Less cumbersome than conventional G-tubes for active patients
- Low profile design of mickey button g tube makes it unobtrusive & easier to conceal
- Tapered distal tip recessed at recommended fill volume
- Inflatable silicone internal retention balloon reduces patient trauma experienced with obturated devices
- Ventilated secur-lok ring, the external retention mechanism designed to allow air to circulate around the stoma site and reduce tube pressure 360 degree from the sides of the stoma wall
- Radiopaque stripe
- Patented universal connector, designed to preserve tube life & minimize unintentional disconnects
- Single patient use
- 5 mL Balloon volume
- Indicated for use in patients who require:
- Enteral feeding,
- Patients are unable to tolerate oral feeding,
- Require gastric decompression and/or medication delivery directly into either the stomach, distal to the stomach, distal duodenum or proximal jejunum (tube types vary from G, J, TJ/ GJ & GE depending on what medical professional has prescribed/placed).
Who should use Gastrostomy Feeding Tube 18 FR?
A gastrostomy feeding tube may be recommended for individuals who are unable to consume adequate nutrition and hydration orally due to various medical conditions, such as:
- Neurological conditions, such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, or Parkinson's disease, can affect the ability to swallow.
- Head and neck cancers, which can make it difficult to swallow or cause blockages in the digestive system.
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, can cause malabsorption of nutrients.
- Severe burns or injuries that make it difficult to eat or drink.
- Developmental disabilities, such as cerebral palsy, which can affect the ability to swallow or process food.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Mic Key Low Profile G Tube?
- Attach - To start, attach the MIC-KEY G Extension Set to the MIC-KEY G feeding port by matching the black lines on the extension set and feeding port. Push the extension set down firmly and “lock” it into place by turning the connector CLOCKWISE until you feel a slight resistance (approximately three-quarters turn).
Note - Do not turn the connector past the stop point. It is important to keep the extension set “locked” into place during feeding.
- Flush - Next, flush your MIC-KEY G Extension Set with water. Use either extension set to flush.
- Begin - Now begin enteral feeding.
- For bolus feeding - Attach a bolus syringe filled with your preferred nutrition
- For continuous feeding- Attach a feeding set to a feeding pump with your preferred nutrition in the bag
How to remove Extension Set From MIC Tube?
- Disconnect the extension set from the Gastrostomy Feeding Tube 18 FR port by rotating it COUNTER-CLOCKWISE until the black line on the feeding port lines up with the black line on the extension set
- Gently detach the extension set and cap the MIC-KEY G Feeding Tube securely with the attached feeding port tube cover
- It is recommended to connect only the MIC-KEY Extension Set to the MIC-KEY G Feeding Tube
- To avoid damage, do not insert medication or nutrition directly into the feeding port valve without the use of an extension set
- Flush the tube and extension sets before and after every use to prevent clogging
How to care?
MIC KEY G Tube & Port:
- Wash hands thoroughly with warm, soapy water before touching the feeding tube
- Clean the skin around and under the MIC-KEY G feeding tube daily using mild soap, water, and a soft lint-free cloth or cotton-tipped applicator
Note - Avoid puncturing or tearing any part of the tube or extension sets
- Clean the external portion of the tube
- Be careful not to pull or manipulate the tube excessively
- Make sure both your tube and stoma are kept clean and dry
Tips for using Gastrostomy Feeding Tube 18 FR
- To avoid a “balloon burst” use your MIC-KEY G Feeding Tube, as indicated in the Instructions for Use (IFU)
- To avoid damage, always use the correct equipment. Only use the extension sets as instructed by a clinician. Only use a syringe for its intended purpose.
- Replace extension sets as per the IFU.
- Only use sterile or distilled water to fill your balloon.
- A medical professional will determine the proper length of the tube by using a stoma-measuring device and then recommend the proper length. If there are issues with the tube or stoma, or significant weight is gained or lost, contact your care team. A new measurement could be required.
- The external base of the feeding tube should rest just above the skin surface. A good fit is considered 1 to 2 mm above the skin, about the thickness of a dime. If the external base is sitting too low or high, contact your clinician to see if you need to be re-measured.
- Refer to the IFU or the first page of this guide for the inflation volumes of your balloon. It will vary based on tube size.
- Only use a water-soluble lubricant.
- The MIC-KEY Tube Feeding features an anti-reflux valve, located toward the top of the feeding port. When you attach the extension set, this valve is opened to allow feeding. It is important to keep both the feeding port and the anti-reflux valve clean with proper flushings.
- To avoid valve damage, do not insert medication or nutrition directly into the feeding port valve.
Contraindications: Contraindications for placement of a Mic-Key feeding tube include but are not limited to ascites, colonic interposition, portal hypertension, peritonitis, and morbid obesity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of the MIC-KEY Gastrostomy Feeding Tube Kit?
The MIC-KEY Gastrostomy Feeding Tube Kit is used to provide a way to deliver nutrition, hydration, and medication directly to the gastrointestinal tract of patients who are unable to take food or medications orally.
Is the MIC KEY G Tube Kit safe?
The MIC-KEY Gastrostomy Feeding Tube Kit is designed to be safe and is used widely in hospitals, clinics, and homes around the world. However, as with any medical device, there are potential risks and complications associated with its use. It is important to follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or the manufacturer and to report any concerns or issues immediately.
How long does this last?
The MIC-KEY G Tube is a long-term feeding tube and can remain in place for several months or even years. However, it is important to follow the care instructions provided by the healthcare provider or the manufacturer to ensure the tube stays clean and functional.
How is the MIC-KEY 18FR Low-Profile Gastrostomy Feeding Tube kit inserted?
It is inserted through the skin and into the stomach using a procedure called a gastrostomy. The insertion is performed by a healthcare professional, and patients are given instructions on how to care for the tube after insertion.
Can the MIC-KEY 18FR Gastrostomy Tube Kit be used for medication administration?
Yes, the MIC-KEY Feeding Tube can be used to administer medication directly into the stomach.
MIC-KEY 18 FR G-Tube Reviews