Features of Hollister Hydrofera Blue Ready Dressing
- Hydrofera Blue Dressing helps maintain a moist wound environment
- Hydrofera blue foam dressing offers rapid fluid wicking and exudate retention
- No need to apply antibiotic ointment as the hydrophilic polyurethane foam contains ethylene oxide that works as a disinfectant
- Binds bacteria and harmful endotoxins to the dressing, thereby removing them from the wound without causing any harm to the wound
- Hydrofera Blue Ready Antibacterial Foam Dressing effectively absorbs exudate away from the wound
- Costs less than most antimicrobial silver dressings
- Can be applied under compression and total contact casts
- Tape or wrap is required for fixation
- Fast absorption rate
- Manages bioburden
What to buy with Hydrofera Blue Ready Foam Dressing
When to use Hydrofera Blue Foam Dressing?
- Post-surgical incisions
- Trauma wounds
- Abrasions, and Lacerations
Hydrofera Blue Ready-Transfer Antibacterial Foam Dressings Technology
- Ready dressing waterproof and bacteria resistant semi-permeable backing
- Broad-spectrum antibacterial protection
- Absorption Absorbs and retains bacterialaden exudate
- Ready-Transfer dressing No-film backing increases exudate management options
- Exudate is transferred into secondary absorbent dressing
How to select secondary dressing for Hydrofera Blue Ready dressings?
How to use Hydrofera Blue Dressing?
1. Select Size and Apply
Select the appropriate hydrofera blue foam dressing size to ensure the dressing will cover the entire wound.
Secure Hydrofera Blue READY with a fixation dressing
3. Use with compression
Hydrofera Blue Ready Antibacterial Foam Dressing can be used in conjunction with compression wraps and total contact casting
4. Wear Time
Hydrofera blue foam dressing can be left in place up to 7 days, depending on the exudate level and clinical conditions of the wound.
How to store hydrofera ready?
- Store hydrofera blue ready antibacterial foam dressing in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from sources of heat, combustible materials, direct sunlight, and incompatible substances
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use
- Keep away from aldehydes, halogenated organics, halogens, strong acids, strong oxidizers
Hydrofera User Manuals
- Not intended for third-degree burns
- Avoid if allergic to dressing or its components
- Eye contact is not considered a potential route of exposure. If in eyes, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists, get medical advice/attention.
- Inhalation is not considered a potential route of exposure. Move to fresh air in case of accidental inhalation. If symptoms persist, get medical attention.
- Ingestion is not considered a potential route of exposure. If this occurs, call a physician or poison control center for advice.
Hydrofera Blue Ready Antibacterial Foam Dressing FAQ
How does Hydrofera Blue work?
Hydrofera Blue Dressing has a capillary action that helps prevent harmful bacterial contamination from the wound area. This unique action also helps provide fast wond healing environment.
How to moisten Hydrofera Blue Ready Foam Dressing with?
Use sterile water or saline to moisten Hydrofera Blue Ready Dressing
How often should Hydrofera Dressing be changed?
Dressing should be changed every one to three days. It is recommended to re-hydrate foam dressing with sterile water
What is Hydrofera Blue Ready Antibacterial Foam Dressing made of ?
Hydrofera Blue Ready is made of polyvinyl alcohol sponge and composed of the following ingredients:
- Hydrophilic Polyurethane
- Methylene Blue
- Gentian Violet
Hydrofera Blue Ready Reviews