Hydrofera Blue Classic Antibacterial Wound Dressing Features
- Hydrofera Blue Dressing is a safe and effective moist wound dressing
- Hydrofera blue ready antibacterial foam dressing provides a moist wound environment
- Compatible for use with enzymatic debris
- Physically binds harmful endotoxins to the dressing and helps in providing patient comfort
- Hydrofera blue foam dressing helps to maintain moisture balance
- Does not harm growth factors
- Provides antibacterial protection against microorganisms commonly found in wounds, like MRSA and VRE
- Non-cytotoxic foam dressing
When to use this dressing?
Hydrofera Blue wound dressing can be used for the treatment of the following conditions:
What does Hydrofera Blue do?
Hydrofera Blue is highly absorbent and capable of absorbing large amounts of exudate (fluid) from the wound bed while maintaining a moist wound environment that is optimal for healing. The dressing is soft and conformable, allowing it to conform to the contours of the wound bed and help reduce the risk of trauma during dressing changes.
Frequently Bought Together
How to apply Hydrofera Blue Dressing?
- Hydrate the Hydrofera Blue Classic antibacterial foam dressing with sterile saline or sterile water.
- Squeeze out excess fluid.
- Hydrofera Blue Dressing may be cut to fit the wound bed.
- If rolled edges are present, the hydrofera blue-ready antibacterial foam dressing should cover both the wound and peri-wound area.
- Cover the hydrofera blue-ready antibacterial foam dressing with a secondary dressing.
- Selection of secondary dressing is based on exudate level.
||4. Dressing Changes:
- Change the first dressing at 24 hours.
- If the dressing retained its blue color, the new dressing can be left in place for up to 72 hours.
- If the hydrofera blue foam dressing turns white or lightened in color, continue 24-hour dressing changes until the blue color is retained.
||5. Moisture Balance:
- As with many wound care dressings, moisture balance is key. If the dressing is dry, thoroughly re-moisten with sterile saline or water.
- Then gently remove the dressing.
- Eye contact is not considered a potential route of exposure. If in the eyes, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists, get medical advice/attention
- Inhalation is not considered a potential route of exposure. Move to fresh air in case of accidental inhalation. If symptoms persist, get medical attention.
- Ingestion is not considered a potential route of exposure. If this occurs, call a physician or poison control center for advice.
- Hydrofera dressings should not be used on third-degree burns
Hydrofera Blue Classic Application Guide
Hydrofera Blue Safety Data Sheet
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Hydrofera Blue Classic Dressing work?
The dressing works by killing bacteria, fungi, and viruses that can cause infections in wounds. It is also highly absorbent and maintains a moist wound environment that is optimal for healing.
Can Hydrofera Blue be used with other dressings?
Yes, this can be used with other dressings as needed.
How often should this foam dressing be changed?
The dressing should be changed as often as needed to maintain a moist wound environment and prevent infection. The frequency of dressing changes will depend on the severity and type of wound.
Is Hydrofera Blue Classic Antibacterial Foam Dressing safe for all patients?
Hydrofera Blue Classic Antibacterial Foam Dressing is generally safe for most patients, but it is always recommended to consult a healthcare professional before using any wound dressing to determine if it is appropriate for individual needs and health status.
How should Hydrofera Blue Foam Dressing be stored?
The dressing should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. It should be kept in its original packaging until ready to use.
Hydrofera Blue Classic Dressing Reviews