Features of Hudson RCI Oxygen Mask
- A - One-way Expiratory Valves: These valves send exhaled air into the atmosphere and keep it from getting into the reservoir bag.
- B - One-way Inspiratory Valve: This valve allows oxygen inhalation from a reservoir bag attached to an oxygen source.
- C - 750 ml of Reservoir bag: The face mask is connected to a reservoir bag with high oxygen concentration. The reservoir bag is connected to an oxygen tank.
What to buy with Hudson 1059 Oxygen Mask
FAQs About Hudson Oxygen Mask
1. What are the flow ranges on the nonrebreathing mask?
A non-rebreather mask can deliver between 60 percent to 80 percent oxygen at a flow rate of about 10 to 15 liters/minute (L/min). They're useful in situations when people have extremely low levels of blood oxygen, since they can quickly deliver oxygen to your blood.
2. How many valves does a non-rebreather Hudson mask have?
The non‐rebreather mask by Hudson contains two types of valves and can deliver close to 100% oxygen. One valve prevents exhaled gas from entering the reservoir bag. The second type of valve permits exhalation and prevents ambient air from entering the inhalation circuit.
3. What is the difference between a rebreather and a non-rebreather mask?
In a partial rebreather oxygen mask, the side valves are closed during exhalation. In a non-rebreather mask, the side valves are open during exhalation.
4. How many liters of oxygen do you need for a non-rebreather Hudson Oxygen mask?
Non-rebreather face mask 10 – 15 Liters Per Minute. Pre-fill the reservoir on the mask prior to placing the mask on the patient.
Hudson RCI Mask-with-Safety-Vent Reviews