Hollister Retracted Penis Pouch Features
- Recommended for home care use
- Flextend skin barrier is thin and flexible, offers durable adhesion, and is resistant to moisture
- No additional tape needed
- The odor is controlled by the use of exclusive odor-barrier film that is lightweight, strong and transparent
- Designed to be worn for more than one-day wear time
- Latex-free and single patient use
- Cut-to-fit skin barrier provides a custom fit and is designed for comfort
- The transparent film provides a clear view that helps simplify application
Note - Do not use this product if the penis or scrotal skin is compromised, if the tip of the penis retracts below the level of the scrotal skin, or if the patient is ambulatory
What does Hollister 9873 Penis Pouch include?
Hollister Retracted Penis Pouch includes -
- Tape strips
- Skin gel wipe
What to buy with Penis Pouch
How to use Hollister Penis Pouch?
How to apply Hollister Male Urinary Pouch ?
- The patient should be in the supine position
- Wash the genital area with mild soap and water
- Trim the pubic hair
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Note - Do not use oils, lotion, or powders as they will interfere with the adhesion of the barrier. Be sure the drain cap is placed on the pouch drain. If necessary, cut an opening in the skin barrier slightly larger than the penis. Do not cut beyond the line indicated on the backing paper.
- Remove the protective release paper from the skin barrier
- Place the penis in the opening of the pouch and press the barrier securely on the skin. Avoid wrinkling, which can create channels for leakage. Gently hold the barrier material against the skin for 60 seconds so that the patient's body heat will soften the barrier material and enhance its adhesive properties.
- Remove the drain cap at the bottom of the pouch and attach the tubing to a drainage bag
How to remove Hollister Retracted Penis Pouch?
- Disconnect the pouch from the drainage bag
- Close the pouch drain cap
- Ease the skin barrier away from the skin. To ensure proper adhesion, do not reuse. Dispose of a used pouch according to protocol. Do not discard into a toilet.
Cautions: Discontinue use of this product if any of the following signs or symptoms occur -
- Changes in the skin color of the penis
- Extreme skin temperature changes
- Swelling, burning, itching, pain, or loss of sensation
Hollister Penis Pouch User Manual
Male Urinary Pouch External Collection Device FAQ's
If the penis is just about flush, how can the penis be centered in the pouch?
If the patient can be rolled slightly to the side, the shaft may lengthen itself enough for successful application.
What type of drainage bag should be used?
Select either a bedside drainage bag or larger capacity leg bag for the immobile individual.
Can the bedside drainage bag and leg bag be interchanged for day wear and night wear?
To minimize the risk of bacteria entering the tubing system, select just one type of collection bag and use it continuously.
How do I ensure gravity drainage into the collection bag?
A side-lying rather than supine position for the patient will help prevent urine from pooling around the penis as it sits in the opening of the pouch. Ensure that the tubing or end of the pouch is not twisted, and that the drainage bag is well below the bladder level. A catheter tubing securement device may also be used to help stabilize the tubing and prevent undue tension on the pouch.
When does the pouch need to be changed?
If the patient is not circumcised, the pouch should be removed for daily hygiene beneath the foreskin. Remove the pouch immediately if any skin irritation is assessed while the pouch is in place or if urine is undermining the skin barrier and urine leaks from beneath the barrier. The pouch should be changed when the inner pouch opening around the penis starts to “turtle neck” around the shaft. This is a sign that the barrier is absorbing maximum moisture and should be changed to prevent moisture accumulation between the barrier and scrotal skin.