Hollister Adapt Features
- Prevents liquid drainage from getting between skin and skin barrier
- Protects skin and often extends the life of the skin barrier
- Used to caulk and fill skin crevices to improve the fit of a skin barrier
- The paste is not an adhesive, and too much paste may interfere with a good seal
- Adapt Paste will not harm the stoma
- Paste performs better if it is allowed to sit for a short time before it is applied to the skin
- Serves as a caulk, not a glue or adhesive
- Low-alcohol paste helps to minimize stinging
- Easy-to-squeeze soft tube can be emptied completely down to the last drop
How does the Adapt Ostomy work?
This helps to fill in gaps and create a secure seal between the skin and the ostomy appliance. It is applied to the skin around the stoma (the opening in the abdomen), and it helps to prevent leaks, skin irritation, and skin breakdown by providing a smooth surface for the ostomy appliance to adhere to.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Adapt Ostomy Paste?
- Wash and dry skin thoroughly
- Apply a small bead of Adapt Paste at the inner edge of the skin barrier, next to the opening where the stoma will be
- Let it sit while the user removes the used pouch and cleans and dries the skin
- Apply additional adapt colostomy paste to uneven areas near the stoma if needed
- Apply ostomy pouch as usual
How do you remove Adapt Paste from the skin?
- The Hollister adapt paste will come off when the user removes the pouch
- If the user is changing the pouch after a very short time (less than a day), the user may see paste residue that should be gently lifted from the skin
- If a small amount of paste residue still adheres to the user's skin but it appears clean, the user can apply the new pouch over it
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Adapt Stoma Paste used for?
The Adapt skin barrier paste is specifically designed to help provide a seal between the skin and the ostomy appliance (such as a pouch or bag) that collects waste. It is typically used in cases where there are irregularities or uneven surfaces around the stoma, making it challenging to create a secure and leak-proof attachment.
Can stoma paste touch the stoma?
No, adapt paste for ostomy should not directly contact the stoma. The paste is intended to create a seal around the stoma, not to be applied directly. The stoma is a delicate and sensitive area; applying the paste directly can cause irritation, discomfort, or injury. Though, Adapt paste will not harm your stoma or cause it to stop draining. As you press your skin barrier into place, you may see the paste filling in the area around the stoma.
Is this paste easy to remove?
Yes, the Adapt Ostomy is easy to remove with mild soap and water. Gently clean the area around the stoma and pat it dry before applying a new barrier paste and ostomy appliance.
Hollister Adapt Ostomy Skin Barrier Paste FAQs
Adapt Skin Barrier Paste Reviews